Crackout results....Over a month later

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Nycmacman, May 4, 2016.

1. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

I recently submitted a bunch of morgan dollars and peace's to anacs for their 10 dollar special a few months ago. Most of which I sold, but the higher grade ones I kept and resubmitted a few. In my honest opinion, I would say 90% of the time anacs is on par with PCGS grade wise, BUT I have had two massive upgrades on the peace dollar series. One coin in a last crackout was a anacs ms62 and bumped to a 65 and here a 65 bumped to a 66. One 1900 downgraded which, I expected actually, but wanted to give them a shot none the less. Overall successful image1 (64).jpeg Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.10.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.10.42 PM.png submission.... but was a pretty hefty waiting time!

Oh also ill include a submission before that was anacs, both were crackouts and regraded at the same grade.

green18, Kasia and Paul M. like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Just an observation by an over inebriated individuaL.....why are those slabs empty?

Kirkuleez, Jwt708 and Nycmacman like this.
  4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Cracked out of ANACS slabs and submitted to PCGS.

Nycmacman likes this.
  5. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

So, 9 silver dollars, 2 upgrades and 1 downgrade? Not bad. Obviously, I can't see the coins, but a downgrade from 65 to 64+ is probably more of a matter of opinion than anything.

6. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

It actually came out to one downgrade, the 64+ which I really did not think was a 65, but took a shot. The 1891 was raw as well as the 20 cent which has magnificent toning so its a shame but figured on that one as well. Will post a picture once trueview is up.

The 66 was a nice little surprise, I knew it was a solid 65 but not sure about 66. Hey though, ill take it.

Santinidollar likes this.
  7. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Congrats, Well done!

8. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Silly inebriate.....

Kirkuleez likes this.
  9. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Nice job. I've had decent luck cracking anacs slabs and resubmitting to pcgs

10. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Thank you! It gets very addicting need to tone this aspect of collecting down.

11. robec

robec Junior Member

One month isn't really that bad. I usually get my results after 5 or 6 weeks.

12. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Really?I usually hit 20 business days every time maybe a day over. 2 months would not make me a happy camper, but I do know it happens

13. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Congrats , ANACS really is tightening their ship and this helps show it .

serafino and Nycmacman like this.
  14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

The empty slab photo certainly is nice, but do you have any of the actual coins, particularly the upgrades, perchance?

Kirkuleez likes this.
  15. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Not yet, should be here by Friday though. I will post them then if you like?

16. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Here's the 20 cent, you can probably understand why I was sad about the cleaning even though it was obvious.

Attached Files:

spirityoda likes this.
  17. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Yeah cleaned but nice retone and a real tough date

18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Very much so; thank you.

19. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I must be missing something. All I see are some hairlines in the right obverse field and under the eagle's left wing on the reverse.

20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Pretty perfect example of a "problem" coin where a lot of people wouldn't care so much about the cleaning.

21. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

They are definitely more predominant when seen in person under the right light. I was originally thinking it was an impaired proof as I could not recognize the die marks. This will be my first cleaned coin in my collection solely because of the color.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted