CR Hunting half dollars

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Vince11229, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Vince11229

Vince11229 Well-Known Member

Hi all, Went to the bank last Friday and they surprised me when they said they had 4 rolls of halves. All 4 were bank rolled and they turned out to be 1976-d in what appears as uncirculated condition. In my research it appears they aren’t valued much over face and there seems to be a lot of sellers with this very coin in same condition. What do my fellow hunters think? Cash em in or try to sell them? Im unsure if it’s worth the trouble.
    Vince

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Post a couple of photos of the best ones in the group. Most likely, however, you're going to be told it's not worth the effort.

Robert91791 likes this.
  4. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Yes, please show the reed of the coin. That will show if the coin is circulated or uncirculated. Since it is from a federal bank member it is circulated.

5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Not worth the trouble, IMHO.

6. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Common Date.:)

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

8. Vince11229

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Kind of what I expected. Here’s A shot of some of the best and also the edge of most of a roll.
    Vince

image.jpg image.jpg

Robert91791 likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Keep a few for yourself, kids and grandkids. Spend the rest.

10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Tip with them

11. Robert91791

Those reeds looks great to me. Looks like these coins have been hidden for a long long time. Pretty good looking coins for over 40 years old.

12. Robert91791

[​IMG]

I couldn't open mine as they are sealed forever.

13. Robert91791

[​IMG]

And more. I buy them directly from the mint. But never opened them at all.

Vince11229 likes this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks like they need some fresh air. :)

Vince11229 likes this.
  15. Robert91791

[​IMG]

I opened my first roll and had to put them in individual plastic rounds to prevent any rubbing. Now they are sealed air tight. I have also P&D 2000-2014 uncirculated.

16. Vince11229

I actually started with the Kennedy halves coin roll hunting to complete up to 1985. With the first box I was able to mostly complete thru 2003 with the only year missing being 1987(low mintage). I have a few coin after 2003 but man they are tough to find due to the decrease in mintage amounts.

Robert91791 likes this.
  17. WalkingBenjamin

WalkingBenjamin New Member

NIFCs are less common but I think some people put them back in the wild. I had one box a couple months ago that had 90 NIFCs from 2007 - 2012. That was an anomaly but they are out there.

Vince11229 likes this.
  18. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Vince, if you keep after the half dollar boxes, you will find more 2002+ NIFCs than you know what to do with. My own spreadsheet reveals that my NIFC & silver success rates are almost identical after searching around 135K coins in the last 1-1/2 years. Kind of weird the way that worked out. It is true that the 1987 P&D are hard to find, but they are out there as well. I posted on CT an unusual box that had about 20 something of these and all of a sudden - BAM! I had all I ever needed. They were in nice shape too, obviously a collection dump. The only coin I have not found multiples of is the 1970-D, I’ve yet to find my first one.

Vince11229 likes this.
  19. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Nice find at the bank! I would love to get my hands on some rolls, let alone some with nice uncirculated looking ones like this! Keep them all!

20. Vince11229

Ok I’ve been through another couple of boxes of halves. Not lucky to find any silver but I did find this “S” which was totally unexpected. image.jpg

Bambam8778 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted