COVID-19 - Ancients Central - Caronavirus Posts Here!!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Mar 14, 2020.

1. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

An old Dilbert from 1994...

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I've just set up a Zoom video account so I can communicate with some of my clients. Seems pretty easy to use. If we all get the service we can probably start sharing our coins live and engage in some real CoinTalk...

akeady likes this.
  4. oldfinecollector

oldfinecollector Well-Known Member

Today I was reading a very interesting article of a very famous researcher neuropsychologist. He wrote that people never change their habits because of crisis like 2008 doing again same errors.

Here we are living a catastroph that happen in history only 1 time by century (I hope) and that should change our life and societal view so when the pandemic time will be finish we will be in a new world more focus on humans and not on finance.

I hope so as my culture is not anymore about finance for years. I notice that many CT members are only focus on PCGS, investing and making money with grading US coins , real numismatic is not about that. In Europe this is the same with collectors of modern coins. I am proud to collect Roman coins with a real history and not.

To be willing to make money. I hope that more people in the hobby will understand that Slabs and grading tiers are nothing to do with numismatic but with finance as stock exchange.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Archilochus and DonnaML like this.
  5. Broucheion

Broucheion Well-Known Member

Oh so true …

upload_2020-3-27_12-35-21.png

… looks like my cat too.

- Broucheion

6. svessien

svessien Senior Member

It would be great to watch a discussion between some of the knowledgable members here. Not a bad idea!

jb_depew and ancient coin hunter like this.
  7. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Just saw this video, will share it here. How to deal with disinfecting groceries by an M.D.

TIF and Ryro like this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

As long as everybody remembers to turn off the camera and microphone before taking a restroom break...

9. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Me too.

DonnaML likes this.
  10. seth77

seth77 Well-Known Member

Waited 17 days from the delivery and 20 days from shipping to open this:

s-l1600.jpg

Orielensis, Ryro, Alegandron and 4 others like this.
  11. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

But what is it?

Andrew McCabe likes this.
  12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I did. It was well-received.

Theodosius likes this.
  13. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I don't know how much of this is from Covid19 related matters but I just received a package from Amazon delivered to my front door. I had just awakened from my nap and checked my email that included a note saying it had been delivered including a photo showing it on the table placed on my porch for that sort of use among others. I like this since I knew which of the doors they used (the USPS carrier once leaned one against my garage door which I put up and backed over a book). I suspect this sort of thing would cut down on claims that things were not delivered and also avoid drivers interacting with patrons or their doorbells. It might have some application for coin shipments.

Photo credit: Amazon driver
    [​IMG]

zumbly, DonnaML, Marsyas Mike and 2 others like this.
  14. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Looking like the month of April will be tough.

My daughter's high school is now closed until at minimum May 4th.
    I am sure all stay at home orders will be extended until then (for starters) - this will be a tough month for many as more and more get laid off and bills come in. Plus the old age homes are really getting hit in many areas.. very sad.

15. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Blue has been practicing Social Distancing for years...

And, yeah, that is how she sleeps. I don't get it, but she loves sleeping half-in / half-out of her beds.

Blue Sleeping.jpg

RR Anon AE Half-Litra 234-231 BCE Roma Phrygian Dog S 598 Cr 26-4.jpg
    RR Anon AE Half-Litra 234-231 BCE Roma Phrygian Dog S 598 Cr 26-4

Broucheion, Volodya, jb_depew and 9 others like this.
  16. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Actually my dog just wants to get a cuddle from all the dogwalkers. Today, I was out twice with my guy, the morning walk was lonely, nobody out. However, the afternoon hike was like grand central station, hundreds of dogs with their masters. Thor was in Valhalla, got lots of tummy rubs.:) I went to the German deli later, it was also busy. Work will start for me April 6th, snow should all be gone, then its full tilt, till next end of November. Hoard a pile of $$$$ for Winter Auctions.:)
    John

Alegandron likes this.
  17. seth77

seth77 Well-Known Member

It's a follis of Baldwin II de Bourg of Edessa from cca. 1110 overstruck on an earlier Baldwin II of cca. 1108. Horrible copper but interesting if you are into crusader coinage.

Pellinore and FitzNigel like this.
  18. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

I believe some of us would love to see it...

EDIT: Sorry, the picture was posted. I was lazy and didn’t scroll up... looks neat Seth!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    seth77 likes this.
  19. BenSi

BenSi Well-Known Member

My wife loved that and so did I.

Thank You!!!!!!!

Broucheion likes this.
  20. seth77

seth77 Well-Known Member

You're too kind.

21. tenbobbit

tenbobbit Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for an update on a coin I purchased the other week, as of last night there was nothing.
    Went to bed with no intention of getting up early and around 8am was woken up by the bl@@dy postman banging on the door :stop:
    Not in the best mood & given the current climate I decided to roll over and grab some more zzzzz's :mad::yawn:
    I am guessing that particular postperson didn't get the memo o_O

Clavdivs likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted