Couple Questions RE 1934 $10, $20 & $50 FRN Value

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by charlottedude, May 13, 2018.

1. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

So I’m guilty... I know squat about true currency collector value, so I’m posing a few questions to the currency crowd. I’m a coin “dude”, and I’m about to purchase a large number of FRNs from an acquaintance. Total number of notes run into 20+ in 50’s, 30+ in 20’s, and another 30+ in 10’s. All of the notes appear to be in very good condition... very good as in AU or better with many crisp/unfolded. That said, what is the general selling price for each denomination? I gave them a quick look through about a month ago, and can’t recall if they (or any of them)were silver certificates or not. Any reliable estimates would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    ‘dude

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

We would need to know the series, 1934, 1934A, 1934B etc., for each denomination to guess at possible values.

Any star notes or fancy serial numbers ?

NOS likes this.
  4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Most FRNs are only worth face value unless there are stars, fancy serial numbers, or uncirculated.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I think the 1934's carry a small premium. But if they are circulated, worn, marked with ink, pin holes, folds, stains, it's not much above face value.
    Going to need photos. What one person says is good condition, turns out to have crease marks etc.

6. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

Gotcha - thanks for the details - more variables than I had anticipated. I should have an opportunity to take a better look at them tomorrow - stay tuned.

thanks again -

'dude

Draft saved Draft deleted