Couple new Morgans!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Sep 29, 2016.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Just bought these. My first DMPL Morgans ever! (seller's pics that I edited together) They both look super choice for the given grades... perhaps undergraded or CAC worthy at the very least, but we'll see when I get them in-hand...
    47ea7624-5a21-4d28-a755-938a3e78f119.jpg 99f661c7-6b3f-49f8-87ba-da6c8f7bdccd-horz.jpg 958f6339-91f2-40c1-94a7-8a61c7796f7c.jpg 43db2b34-26b7-4403-9121-b760e60d15c1-horz.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Wowser. The 1879 is debatable as of yet - we don't know whether the cheek marks are frost breaks or actual marks - but the 1884 ought to Bean handily. :)

Cascade and C-B-D like this.
  4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Nice John. Get ready to get hooked now :)

Hey, remember those raw dmpl/pl's I got at Anaheim for $50 ea. Sold one of them for $250 covering em all!

dwhiz and C-B-D like this.
  5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Those were so nice. Did you send any in for grading?

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Nah. I just sold that one to cover the rest and used the others as dansco upgrades

talkcoin and C-B-D like this.
  8. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Did you get them for el cheapo prices ;) Great lookin coins

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

These I paid strong money for. Not sure how I'll do but they've been off the market for 8-10 years.

rooman9 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I had an 1879-S MS64DMPL (old ANACS) that I sold for $371 and an 1884-O MS64DMPL (PCGS) for $359. This was about 3-1/2 years ago.

Chris

C-B-D likes this.
  11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I paid $1200 for the pair. I just couldn't resist. The original owner was into them $1k from 2007 or so when he won then from Heritage and David Lawrence RC.

12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Even the $1K paid by the former owner sounds a little stiff. I don't want to tell you how much I paid for mine back in 2005. I don't want to make you cry.

Chris

C-B-D likes this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I won't cry. We'll see what they look like in hand.

14. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

It's only money and made to spend .
    Beautiful coins ...............................

C-B-D likes this.
  15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I think you did ok on price. Lets say you paid retail of around $400 on the 84o that means the 79s in 65dmpl you picked up for around $800. 64dmpl is around $400 and no past sales of 65 on heritage or eBay to compare aside a 65+dmpl that sold for $1500. I see why you decided to pop on the deal. Hope it works out on the sales end for you. I think you can probably make a couple hundo if you got them to flip

C-B-D likes this.
  16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

My thoughts initially were that the 64 DMPL may upgrade and the 79-S may CAC. But Idk. Either way they are super nice from what I can see. There is a 14 day return, but I doubt I'll have to use it.

17. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ain't DMPLs great? Hey, I finally got something (a DMPL) before you did.:)

C-B-D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted