Counterfeit 1888 Carson City Morgan

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by goldrealmoney79, Oct 15, 2023.

1. goldrealmoney79

goldrealmoney79 Active Member

Mr.Q and Jack D. Young like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. trussxx1

trussxx1 New Member

What do you say:
    On June 26, 23 I submitted (6) Lincoln cents to PCGS. They returned all of the coins graded counterfeit. Over the course of 20 years l purchase 4 coins from reputable coin dealers and founds two coins in circulation. I find it hard to believe PCGS did an accurate assessment of THE 6 coins.

I’ve been collecting Lincoln cents for over 70 years. I can tell if a coin was altered/damaged in the mint errors or if the impressions on a coin were man made. Before I submitted the coins to PCGS I attempted to recreated the errors but they cannot be made without damaging the rim or changing the shape or thickness. The coins I submitted were unplated 1982-D, unplated 1983-D, and date error 1974-D

I decided to submitted (3) of the coins PCGS graded (counterfeit) to NCG, and three to ANACS.

NGC graded the 1982-D mint error MS62 BR, the 1983-D AU details-bent BR and 1974-D AU 58 BR.

It seems impossible that PCGS could make such a gross mistake in grading my coins.

I submitted the other three Lincoln cents to ANACS still waiting for them to be graded.

After I receive the coins from ANACS I plant to send a formal letter to PCGS requesting a refund of the $250 they charged.

Tony

Jack D. Young likes this.
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Would be interesting to see photos of these.

Draft saved Draft deleted