Could this cross over

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vegas Vic, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Sure, but not at 68. ;)

medjoy likes this.
  4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Hard to say from those pics. With that toning, my inclination would be that no, it won't cross at grade, because between the toning, the plastic in between, and the fact you can't see the rim and edge well, it'll be really hard for a grader to say "yes, this is worthy of a PCGS 68."

5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Could yes
    Would probably not

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Pretty coin but I don't feel PCGS would cross it. I would send it to NGC for a new holder.

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

No, but primarily because that holder doesn't provide a sufficient view of the coin for PCGS to grade it 68. The difference between 67 and 68 requires more than the photo shown to discern, so I can't comment on the merits of the coin in that respect.

8. numisport

numisport Member

In my experience, PCGS rarely crosses anything; why, because they don't have to. PCGS has a gamebook that's easy to understand. Nothing would be gained. Don't they still get paid their grading fees anyway ? If you fit that PCGS cult profile then just pay too much and buy their slabs. Who cares what coins are in those slabs as long as they are marked PCGS.... Buy the coin, not the slab.

eddiespin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted