Could this be a 1995 doubled ear Lincoln cent ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Coin Addict 2018, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I believe I may have discovered a 1995 doubled ear Lincoln cent guys ... What do you think ?
    Screenshot_20180716-041305.png IMG_20180715_213906.jpg IMG_20180715_213812.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

As @dwhiz stated no it's not.
    Dave

5. Hmmm . Well that's very interesting assessment . And so what do you guys feel the doubling under his ear is from ?

6. The doubling under his ear is raised not flat like mechanical doubling ... so where exactly do you guys feel the doubling at the bottom of the ear lobe comes from ?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't see any doubling.

8. Dave363

I don't see any doubling that's the reason for my statement however I do see plating blisters under his ear so is that what you are referring to as doubling.
    Dave

9. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

I don't see any doubling - not even machine doubling.

Not a doubled ear.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I am not seeing what you are. No doubling IMO.

11. No I'm referring to to extra ear that is attached to the very bottom of his earlobe

12. Dave363

Well obviously a coin in hand is always better than a pic, I think I see what you are referring to but I'm not comfortable calling it a double ear.

Since you feel so strongly about it if you have a local coin shop in your area take it by have them take a look.

Because I don't believe any of us are going to be able to confirm it for you just buy the previous post. JMO
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted