Could this be a 1982 d small date?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Gator, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

On this 1982 d penny, the "2" in the year is curved , the weight is 3.03 grams. Would that make it a small date?. It's hard to tell if the tops of the "9"&"8" are at the same height. I found this penny in a creek

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Why do you keep beating me to these!?!?!??!

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

As @abuckmaster147 said, "NOPE!!", Also, why would it matter if it was, your coin is is garbage at this point.

People really need to stop this 82D Small Date crap already. Not even worth the time. Think about what you could've done in the time it took you to take pictures, post them, wait for the inevitable "NO" and then do it all again.

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Well it would matter if it were an 82-D small date copper, even in this condition.
    They made 17 billion cents in 1982 and so far 1 82-D SD is copper. Chance of finding the second one is a longshot. Someone will find one, one day.
    1982-varieties-revised.jpg

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

Well just posted a different 82, also this one is really bad condition like I said I found it in a creek today. Thanks for the nope....

9. furryfrog02

The chances of that happening do not make it worth one's time to search them out is what I'm saying.
    Every once in awhile during my normal searches I come across an 83 or 82d that seems different. I pop it on the scale see the correct weight and then go about my business. I couldn't imagine sorting all of them out, weighing each one, and then making a post about it to ask questions. THAT is a waste of time.

Draft saved Draft deleted