Could please use some help with this one...

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Bigbluemax2017, Mar 22, 2018.

1. I have a 1968 s which I will attach pictures. I need to get this graded, just by looking at the pictures i've attached what do you think this should grade out to be if you were to guess? I hope the pictures are good enough to help me on this coin, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SPC CENTS

SPC CENTS Hammering slabs

VF20. Nice pictures.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Why? o_O

Stevearino and SPC CENTS like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not worth the price to have it graded.

Stevearino likes this.
  6. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Agreed, that is really only worth about face value, one cent.

Stevearino likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Ditto!
    Ditto!
    Ditto!

Chris

8. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Hey maybe this might help in the future
    Dave Cent.jpg

tmeyer and Steven Hufschmidt like this.
  9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

10. Thanks for all the input, im still kinda new at this but constantly learning and appreciate everyone taking the time to check my post out and reply.

Stevearino likes this.
  11. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Please do yourself a favor and don’t... It’s a regular penny worth 1 cent and paying ~$30 to get it graded is pretty outrageous imo. If you feel like wasting money then go ahead but it’s a normal cent and wouldn’t grade nearly high enough to have value.

12. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Don't look so sad Big Blue , a lot of us at one time or another , found a coin we thought was something much more special , then it was. So keep up the hunt that's where some of the true fun about collecting is. Still a nice penny to put in your collection , especially if you did not have one. !

13. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

cool coin - I'd consider getting a couple of rolls of 1968 S cents - might make fun souvenirs at our high school's 50th reunion - (SHS class of 68) :D

14. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

In that fine range. Being a s mint adds a tad

15. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

The coin is regular

16. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

I like Stare and Compare's!

17. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

VF20-XF40, not worth grading. It is worth keeping if you don't have a better one. No one will buy it for more than the copper it contains, which, about a month ago was about 2.1 cents.

You, and anyone else who reads this, must learn now to avoid wasting time and $ on this type of worn coin, and that goes for all denominations and all countries. Unless it fills a hole for a "type" collection, or has true rarity/error characteristics, spend it. It's not worth even putting into a cardboard flip.

I'm not telling you this to be mean to you, I truly don't wan't you to waste time. Just in the past year I have put aside over 200 of exactly this type of coin, pre-'82 copper and the only benefit I can see from doing that is I am keeping them out of circulation and saving everybody tons of time. If it were legal to melt them, they would already be copper slag.

Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted