? Could Brockage copper 43 appear as 42 my

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by A1wsn, Jun 26, 2019.

1. A1wsn

A1wsn Member

I have been researching different errors and I was going threw my coins and I always noticed something off with this coin and as I looked the were Brockage errors in the 43 Denver ment on the steel Penny's and I examined the 43 copper example on file and I noticed the same distinctive marks on the 43 copper penny that is on this one with of course a different state with less distinguishable words what's your opinion I have matched die cracks in Lincoln's lower lapel and under the u on the reverse under the Pluribus from the 43 d steel penny wouldn't they be present on both only if they were both 43 d made pennies

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Just a worn damaged wheatie. Nothing more.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The dies are very close to being the same structural relationship in a coin series, such as the Lincoln obverse, as very few , if any, collector could tell the year of a bronze cent if there was no dates on them. The cracks and other mint defects tend to occur close to the same stress points, so they are not unique by themselves. Many claim a DD on the forum due to similarity of these "markers", but most of them show "markers" with out the Doubled die itself. Markers should only be used IMO, as one other minor confirming factor and not the only or initial factor. And Furryfrog has it correct , Jim

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Just Circulation wear and tear..

You have shown this Cent on another thread correct?

6. A1wsn

A1wsn Member

Another question would these show different state of a Brockage error or would they be damage some of the same effects appear on each one just questions.

Attached Files:

7. A1wsn

A1wsn Member

Yes I have aquired collections from uninformed relatives and was unaware of exactly what I was looking at I have been inquiring information to get a better picture of what is in front of me so please excuse my questions if they seem uninformed at times

8. A1wsn

A1wsn Member

I seem to have almost every year Lincoln cent with what appears to be Brokage errors in different states of the dies deteriations for example 1970 from the beginning til a complete Lincoln behind bars is what it seems to be
    Or it may be different DD from each year and mint still trying to comprehend it all

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Worn and that's all.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Dies with the same design from different years will often show similar die cracks in the same locations simply because the stresses from striking occur in the same locations. You could potentially find coins from a subsequent year struck from the same rev die if the die was not worn out at the end of the year.

In the second group of pictures none of those are brockages.

11. A1wsn

A1wsn Member

Better pick to maybe show what I have been seeing if you see the 2 has a faint loop off the end and there looks like jagged 3s all around the 2

Appreciate the insight

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted