Correct me if I am wrong.....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by talley, Jul 14, 2009.

1. talley

talley Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You are correct. You can even see the color difference in the images.

4. talley

talley Member

That's a shame. It's too bad that you can't PM the other bidders.

5. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

The 1975/1976 Bicentennial halves were both copper clad and 40% silver clad.

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

You can actually pic out the 1971 halves just by looking at the picture.

7. talley

talley Member

They have another auction for a lot of 9 1964 Kennedy Halves.....but one of the pics is a 1965.

They appear to deal in estate sales, so maybe coins aren't their area of expertise. But you have to know what your selling to a certain extent. A quick google search would have told them that that much.

8. talley

talley Member

Update:

The seller has gotten back to me (I sent her a polite, yet stern message). She was unaware of her mistake and was apologetic. She's going to try and remove the listing to make necessary changes.

I gave her some helpful links for future reference.

It's nice to see that it was a legit mistake and that the seller wants to correct it.:)

But......on the flip side of the coin one could say that the bidders would have gotten what they deserved for not doing their homework. But if I can interject and help before somebody makes a mistake well then I gladly will, just as others have done for me in the past.

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

That is always good to see. I did that for an 1883/2 nickel - pointed them to shieldnickel.net and said it is a filled 2. Got a very nice response back saying he did not know that - cancelled the auction. Nice to see some sellers at least try.

Draft saved Draft deleted