COOL THAI SERIAL NUMBERS

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by keemao, Jul 4, 2022.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Was rummaging through what's left of a pack of the new 20 baht bills that came out in March. Pulled out a few cool numbers.
    img877.jpg img876.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

The first 3 are nice, what my dealer friend would call "fancy" numbers (interesting pattern, eye catching but all near misses). There might be a small premium on the first note since the pattern is similar to a ladder SN.

The 4th & last note is a special serial number (3 digit radar) which would draw the biggest premium above face. Together, they make a nice set & are in crisp UNC (I like them)!

4. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I thought about grading them but then I saw on the NGC site that if you want special designations for things like binary, etc, you have to tell them. Radar is pretty much a no brainer. But some of the other special designations I am not sure of. And it seems to me the 3rd and 4th are radar notes as they can be read the same both ways. Yes, they are all crisp unc. But these are the new polyester notes that they came out with in March.

I have some other Thai notes that I had graded, almost all radar notes, but there isn't a lot of interest in them, unfortunately. Most came back PMG 67 and some have a rare signature as the guy was only in office 2 weeks.

5. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

- Give it time. It takes a bit of time before a lot of collectors catch on to tough signature combinations.

Re: grading
    If you decide to submit then be sure to submit at a bulk rate to keep your costs down. For me, it depends on what I will do with the note (& they need to be closer to the 1957 cut off date for Modern bulk submissions: if (older) & I want to keep for my personal collection & its a higher grade/much cheaper than I could buy graded, I may submit. If it's a note I intend to sell (& will go for about 5X or more with a certification/popular) than I may grade. I think it's important to set yourself some stringent guidelines before certification.

Draft saved Draft deleted