Continuation On Gold Coin Post!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GrandmaThief, Oct 2, 2019.

1. GrandmaThief

GrandmaThief New Member

These are what the coins came with from my grandfather.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

They look like some great coins. Can you get closer pictures?

4. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Please handle with care. Depending on how they grade, the one little moment of carelessness or not holding by the rim could literally cost you thousands of dollars.

-jeffB likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I think your grandfather was a smart collector. Please proceed with caution.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  6. GrandmaThief

GrandmaThief New Member

For sure

7. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

Very nice. Also appears that they're photographed from a bank which is smart. My Mom was older and she used to call in workers for various things around the house. These would then go upstairs and emptied out virtually all the jewelry and antiques she had in the house.

My Dad served in the Far East in the post WW-2 period and bought star sapphires and other gems back in the 1940's. However, the workers cleaned out litterally everything old when my Mom would call in people for service. Only papers were placed in the bank safety deposit box.

8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Hopefully, some day my Grandchild will thank me and post it here on Coin Talk. :)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I’d submit them all to NGC/PCGS for grading, they’re absolutely worth it. If you want to sell some of them, I’d sell those which receive a low or a details grade. Keep the best coins as a memory.

Rheingold likes this.
  10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It was great that your Grandfather left them for you. They look like very nice coins. Would it be possible for you to post larger photos of both sides of each coin. If you do, crop the photos and click full size and not thumbnail. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted