Continental Currency Identification

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Beanpole64, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Beanpole64

Beanpole64 New Member

Hi Folks,

My name is Beanpole and I will cut to the chase. I recently received this Continental Currency coin from a older uncle in a box of items for my birthday and am not sure if it is a copy or not. It is the version with the one r in the word in Curency and there is no seams on the coin or the word copy does not appear on the coin. I would appreciate any help on identifying this coin and thanks in advance.

Kind Regards, Beanpole image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Hey, welcome to CoinTalk, I'm sure someone here can help you. It will help to have a picture of the other side and a weight (if possible).

4. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Looks grainy and weakly struck; I'm not confirming anything but I personally think it's not authentic as this is one of the most heavily faked US coins.

5. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Unfortunately this is one of the many souvenir type copies. Most likely made before the "copy" stamp was required by law.

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sorry, but you have a cast copy.

7. Mike at APMEX

Mike at APMEX Member

Unquestionably a cast counterfeit. Worth a couple of dollars as a novelty. The grainy surfaces and lack of details give it away.

8. Beanpole64

Beanpole64 New Member

Thanks guys I suspected it was a cast counterfeit. O we’ll I won’t be going on that extra long Vacation. Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted