CONTEST: Logo designers, I need your help!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by vdbpenny1995, Mar 4, 2012.

1. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Here's something quick, it's about a 20-30 minute job (since that's how long it took me so it's rough) for me and just a rough draft copy of the idea behind the logo I envisioned. You can work with this as well, easily strip the graphic underneath, incorporate it with a different background (although this design itself would look better with a lighter background color, etc)

GRCNC-logo.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Better off going that route if you are doing this for a business to avoid any potential litigation in the future.

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

5. koen

koen New Member

if somebody enters a contest and they know what they recieve if the logo is used, IMO it would be stupid to file a law suit afterwards.
    I know i wont, i would be happy to win his prize, thats enough for me, even if afterwards he makes millions with the logo, i dont care about that.

6. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Finally... someone who knows what a logo is!

7. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

That's why I mentioned that for the contest, the person must be willing to give up all rights to the logo if they win such contest.

8. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

what should I write2.jpg :yes: here is one for you

9. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

Here's a transparent one :O

[​IMG]

10. jbyers23

jbyers23 Member

Here is my submission. It is simple, tasteful, and would work well as a logo on a web site, letterhead, business card, etc.
    I originally had it with a border around it, but then it would not work well for somethings. This way as long as the back ground it white it looks like it belongs almost anywhere.
    -JB

logo.png

11. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

vdb,

What you are rapidly starting to learn is why graphic artists make more than ~ $6 to design a logo. :too-funny:

12. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

With logo design, you basically get what you pay for.:D

Getting ideas here is fine... a fun experience but you'll probably not get anything you'll be happy with.

I created logos (a long time ago- pre-computer days)... and I used a lot of information about the personality of the company to come up with a concept. Slapping together a typeface and photo doesn't say much about the company.

If you want something that speaks about your image, you're going to have to go pro.

13. koen

koen New Member

Here are mine (hope i am not to late)
    grcc1.jpg

grcc2.jpg

grcc3.jpg

But i must agree, you get what you pay for.
    If i have more time (and a better payout :p ) i could do some better, but these are simple and realtivly fast made.

Should i win, i will provide you with the winning logo with transparant background to, so you can easely implement it if you want to use it.

14. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

JB's would be better if the ASE was more of a graphic representation (similar to Koen's); and Koen is on the right track, but simplicity is the key to good logo design (Apple, HP, IBM, Microsoft, etc). There is never any need to put extra info into a logo design; that info goes into a letterhead or business card next to the logo.

15. jbyers23

jbyers23 Member

I thought the same thing too, but I couldn't find one that I liked that was free to use and I didn't have time to draw one up. I would want at least a few days to sketch it out a few times (I'm a little crazy like that).

16. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

I know a legit graphic designer would cost a lot of money but I figure it would be fun for some of you guys and it appears it has been. I will end the contest on sunday night. So until you see me announcing a winner, you can enter. Also, I see a lot of beautiful logos and it will be a tuff competition. And lastly, I do not have a store (as I am 16) so this is just a website so people can see what I do so just a nice image would suffice. It won't be used anywhere else besides that one spot. KEEP EM COMING!

17. azhiker00

azhiker00 Member

GlennRock.jpg
    Here is one that i did, an extra coin would be gladly accepted if its the winner :thumb:

18. azhiker00

azhiker00 Member

GlennRock.jpg
    a little bevel looks better

Attached Files:

19. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Azhiker00 you spelled Glen wrong. but that will not affect your entry since its an easy fix (I hope). So now is the time for last minute entries! I will call the contest around 10pm EST.

20. azhiker00

azhiker00 Member

GlenRock.jpg Yea, easy fix.

21. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I don't mean a poster filing lawsuit but they might inadvertently copy a logo or design a logo that is already copyrighted.

Draft saved Draft deleted