CONTEST: Logo designers, I need your help!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by vdbpenny1995, Mar 4, 2012.

1. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so I am making a website but realize that I am missing a nice logo. I am not tech savy at all and was wondering if any of you guys could help me design a logo. The winner (Decided by me) will win 1 90% silver quarter. I know it is not much bout thought it would still be fun. I will use the winners photo for my logo on my website.

Rules:
    - As many entrees per person as you want
    - Must upload the photo to this post
    - Be creative
    - Have fun!
    - Not wordy, Should only say Glen Rock Coin & Currency or GRC&C at most, no phrases please.

The company name is Glen Rock Coin & Currency. You can abreviate it GRC&C or what ever you want (Or you can leave it). The more entrees and different styles you have, the better the chance you'll win!

**** The winner will be announced either next saturday or sunday. Good Luck and have FUN!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

what all are you selling on your website, like what type of coins? What are your main focus if any? Are you selling ancients, silver, modern, or everything? Do you have a slogan in mind for your website? Need a little more to work with :thumb:

I thought of another question. What are your two favorite colors?

4. vdbpenny1995

True, American Coins and Currency, NO FOREIGN. I am selling/buying/focusing on ONLY american coins and notes. I also offer appraisials and buying whole collections. As for motto's I do not really have one.

5. vdbpenny1995

hmmm... Thats a tough one but just pairs of colors I like that I think go together well are in no particular order are black/yellow red/black(Which is actually probably best since its my towns colors), green/white and blue/white

6. koen

koen New Member

what is the size of the logo you need?
    And just to be sure, is it a logo or an header image you want?
    do you have a link to the site where it needs to come on?(so we know the colourscheme of the site)

7. vdbpenny1995

Its going to be a square so a logo. The link is not working but will be fixed tomorrow.

8. koen

koen New Member

i will see what i can come up with :d

9. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

If you have a motto, please put it up! Or any store #'s and what not!

10. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

Cool...my photo editor crashed and wont open now. Im gonna try and get it working again but if it doesnt happen then good luck to everyone who enters and Im looking forward to seeing the designs.

11. splintercellsz

splintercellsz CTs Local DJ

Some feeble attempts:

T1.jpg
    T2.png
    T3.jpg
    T4.jpg
    T5.jpg

12. vdbpenny1995

Hey guys heres the link to the website, bear in mind I have not edited it yet so it still has all the pre written stuff. The logo would go where it says "your photo here".

13. vdbpenny1995

14. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Wont you actually need the logo to be in the proper format to be used for business cards, letterhead, and that sort of thing? Meaning...it needs to be in a large enough resolution for the printers to use, not just for the website header. That's a big difference.

Make it 3 ounces of silver and I'll do it!

15. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

What you need is a logo that is vector based more than likely, then you can easily apply it to all needs, etc.

16. vdbpenny1995

Im not tech savvy, so wouldnt all I do is copy and save the picture and upload it right?

17. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Sure but when it comes to "GOOD" design techniques, you want a logo that can scale, when you change the design of your website, you can easily implement the logo, etc. Also if vector based, you can easily apply such logo to other things like business cards, ads, etc. I'd say for the contest, have fun, perhaps the winning logo should be the design concept for the logo you plan to use but if you're serious about starting a business with a website, bring in a professional graphics artist or web designer. People are not going to take your business seriously if you don't put more thought and design into your own business.

I would do it but don't have time right now as I've done graphics in the past.

18. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Also, make sure users aren't using others photo's in the logo, the worst thing that could happen is someone grabbing a picture off a google image search and then you get hit by some copyrighted image that someone else owns. I'd say, make sure whoever creates the logo that it's original and they have no problems handing ownership over to you.

19. cman

cman Junior Member

The best thing is to get it converted to a bitmap image. Those scale very well and are what most business card, sign, and flyer makers request. The best way would be to have the winner email the bitmap to you. So you have the entire photo. Not a copy of it

20. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Bitmap is actually horrible to use. The best is actually SVG format, PNG is very popular as well and makes the editing process easier for most graphic designers. Most will take SVG format and format it to PNG or even JPG to be served from the web pages as SVG doesn't have a native compressed format. PNG and JPG will compress the format.

Here's the difference between bitmap and SVG based graphic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bitmap_VS_SVG.svg

Don't use Bitmap, it sucks! No pun cman, there are just better formats to use when it comes to graphic designs, one takes the SVG format and compresses it to get the bitmap format of jpg or png, using one of those to start off with, you'll lose even more details and or usability to edit, alter, resize, etc. ;)

21. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Draft saved Draft deleted