Contest: I'm confused, how much % of purchase do I get for Ebay Bucks?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Nuglet, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

Contest rules: First person to submit the percentage in Ebay Bucks you get for a purchase (qualified purchases only), wins a silver quarter!

Contest ends 01/20/16 at 10pm EST.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

unless you have the offer today, then it is 4%, on purchases over $50, 6% on over $100, and 8% on over $150 for the next 2 days.

5. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

You guys are getting warm.. Keep trying.

6. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Trick question? I thought it was 2%, but if youre asking how much percentage your Ebay bucks are worth im going with 100%:smuggrin:

7. jwitten

Or to be more specific, you get 100% of your ebay bucks until you hit $500, then you get 0% of them...?

8. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

The contest is now officially closed. Thank you for playing.

Noone had the correct answer which is: 2%, 2.04% and 2.0408%.

The only point at which Ebay bucks are worth 2% is under the $5 in bucks unlock level. After that it ranges from 2.04% to 2.0408%. So if you have ever actually redeemed any Ebay bucks you were getting at least 2.04% of original purchase price from them. This is due to the bucks awarded for bucks used.
    Admittedly this was a trick question. I will not be a spoilsport though and will give a consolation prize of a silver quarter to all who participated (all three,lol). PM me shipping info.

9. jwitten

I will admit I do not follow that at all, but I am happy to get a consolation prize!! Thanks!

10. jwitten

Thanks @Nuglet for the awesome coin!
    jw3.jpg jw2.jpg

Nuglet likes this.
  11. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Just got the coin today! It's awesome! (sorry for the bad pictures, only have a phone camera) Thanks @Nuglet !!
    image1-2.JPG image2.JPG

Nuglet and jwitten like this.
  12. BargainHunterCoins

BargainHunterCoins New Member

I think I kind of follow your logic, lol.

Nuglet likes this.
  13. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Realizing the contest is well over, the 2%/2.04-2.0408% answer is wrong. Technically, it's whatever % of the actual amount that is applied to the item. You don't get eBay Bucks for shipping, which is stupid, since eBay still charges the 10% on shipping to the seller.

14. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

You don't explain why the answer is wrong.

Barring bonus bucks offers. Basically you get more than the base 2% because you get Ebay bux for your purchases you make when turning in ebay bucks. Bucks on bucks. This can come in tiers of 2.04 and 2.0408.

15. Nuglet

Nuglet Active Member

For example- spend $250 on a coin. You then earn $5 ebay bux. You then turn those in for a $5 coin and in turn get rewarded 10 cents in Ebay bux. So for your original $250 spent you earn $5.10 which is 2.04 percent of $250.

16. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I just try to time my purchases for promotional periods. Nothing like getting 8% on a $1000 item!

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted