Contest for YNs... Forum members decide who gets it

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Numismat, May 30, 2015.

1. Walking Sterling Silver

Walking Sterling Silver 16 Years Old and Love to Learn

So I can win again! Haha. I have a great backstory. I did it mostly because I inspired myself. I have to thank spirityoda, LostDutchman (specifically Matt Dinger). They have made some nice additions to my collection that'll be there forever to remind me of their help. Going big ain't easy when you have so little. But I will prove people wrong. I will have a collection that people will remember! Thank you for your time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oysterk

Oysterk Active Member

Dang, I wish I saw this contest a week ago! Congrats, you guys.

4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

If I may ask, how old (young. lol) are you?

5. Walking Sterling Silver

Well my prize should be re today. I must say being only 1-2 hours away from being in my mailbox I am quite excited to have new additions.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  6. Walking Sterling Silver

In fact when I graduate high school I am heading straight to Lost Dutchman to attempt to join the team.

7. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Just my opinion here, I figure that the people who donate you coins don't actually appreciate you telling everyone that they did donate and what they did, especially when it's a lot of stuff. Again just my opinion, but now that their names are out there people might go and ask them for stuff. Just for future refence, you probably shouldn't use peoples first and last name on the internet... Especially when his full name isn't even on his website.
    Now since your whole post was about thanking people, I'd like to thank all the people that have donated to me. Well basically any contest I've won. That's it. Guess I'll have to build my collection from the bottom up, like I have been.
    Edit: my apologies his name is on the website but the message still stays the same

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  8. Walking Sterling Silver

Yeah you got a point. I'll just shorten it to my first sentence.

9. ace71499

I just got home from school and found a nice surprise in my mailbox! Thanks numismat for the AMAZING prize. You may have gone a little bit over board on prize though! I can't thank you enough, and I look forward to your next contest

Numismat likes this.
  10. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Hrum, post some pics eh? :rolleyes:

11. Walking Sterling Silver

What did you get? I got mine.

12. ace71499

I just want to make sure numismat is ok with us saying what it is. I'm sure he will be, but just incase. I have the pictures ready for when I get the go ahead

13. Oysterk

Oysterk Active Member

14. Walking Sterling Silver

The winners have discussed the prizes. And we are extremely satisfied with the overall result. Thanks for the contest Numistat! Me and ace sure do love the prizes! Very well thought out.

15. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I'm very happy you guys are pleased :)

I would definitely like to do another contest in the future, just need to get some more US coins amongst my mountain of foreign stuff.

And yes guys if you want to share what you got with the forum, please do.

16. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Well early Happy B-Day then :) Mine is coming up soon also, turn 18 in early August :D

17. Walking Sterling Silver

We are currently trading our prizes lol. I think the coal mine 1¢ trade token is a easy trade piece

18. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Great, everyone wins :) And there is something fun in trading a trade token

19. ace71499

I'm going to post pictures later, I'm off to school right now! It's finals week wish me luck!

20. Walking Sterling Silver

Still in school? I've been out for a week and a half

21. ace71499

3 more days this week and 2 next week then I'm out, when do you go back?

22. ace71499

3 more days this week and 2 next week then I'm out, when do you go back?

Draft saved Draft deleted