Contest for PCGS graded 2015 March of Dimes 3 coin set

Discussion in 'Contests' started by flyers10, May 28, 2015.

1. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

As the title states. Contest for the March of Dimes 3 coin set. The dimes graded PF69 and the Dollar coin graded PF68. Just tell me why you want this set with a post to this thread. Hoping whoever wins this set wants it for their personal collection and not to sell. I can sell it myself and get some money if I wanted that. Contest ends Sunday Night May 31 at 8pm Central Time. I will put the names of all entries into a hat and my daughter will pick the winner. Best of luck!

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    712, augie b, superzimm and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Awesome! I would love to have this set, because it would be nice to have a graded set, so I can sell the raw ones I bought! It is also good they are not MS70, because I would be tempted to sell them, haha.

flyers10 likes this.
  4. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Great prize , I hope some YN wins this .

flyers10 likes this.
  5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

I want the set, so i can take it on a tour of American ghettos to inspire the children. Showing these children the coin of the century may help solve many of the social issues in the U.S.

6. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I think you are on to something there. Lol.

bkozak33 likes this.
  7. EB31

EB31 New Member

I'm entering simply because I never win anything.

As a new coin guy this set would help me get off there ground floor. If I won it, it would be special because as I said...I NEVER win anything. Someday, after enjoying it, I could possibly pass it along to a younger generation...and start their journey into coin collecting.

712, Paul M. and flyers10 like this.
  8. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i would love to win this set as i missed out on getting one for myself. being on a fixed income with a small monthly budget to spend on coins i sometimes get ahead of myself and have to wait a few months before making a purchase, which happened when this set was released, i still hafta wait till end of next month before my budget is back, so winning this set would be an awesome addition to my collection (that will one day be passed down to my son).:D and thanks flyers for this cool contest!

flyers10 likes this.
  9. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

i would love this coin set because i live near FDR's Estate here in New York and it would be sentimental to me, also because i did not get to pick up any of them when they were released!

flyers10 likes this.
  10. gijoe76

gijoe76 A Penny Saved is a Penny earned

That would be an awesome addition to my collection that will one day be passed on to my children and grandchildren.

flyers10 likes this.
  11. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

My sister was a polio poster child when she contacted the virus back in 1959. She survived but is restricted to a wheel chair. It would be awsome to give this set to her.

12. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'd love it because I wasn't able to get one, like another member in this thread, I'm on a fixed income and didn't feel comfortable spending that much money on it. Have been regretting it since they sold out and want one so bad but hate the "Ebay prices". Thanks for the contest! :)

flyers10 likes this.
  13. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Kudos to @flyers10 for the generous contest. I am NOT entering, as I've already been fortunate to win my share of these contests. Good luck to everyone and enjoy THE COIN OF THE CENTURY!! A neat set indeed.

flyers10 likes this.
  14. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I wish I had some reason to want this set that coincides with the march of dimes, but I like the set nonetheless. If I won, I'd give it to my daughter, she *loves* babies and this has been the only coin that she has ever shown interest in...LOL. Oh well, good luck to all, I hope I win, but if I don't Thank You @flyers10 for the generosity.

flyers10 likes this.
  15. aronsamma

aronsamma Active Member

My 11-year-old brother in law is moving with his family to Puerto Rico permanently in a few weeks. I've been wanting to get him a cool coin-related gift to remember me by, but with a move of my own coming up soon, I can't afford to get him anything cool. Graded is nice because at his age, he still wants to pop coins out and handle them, and I would love for him to not be able to do that with a sealed slab.

Thanks for the contest!

flyers10 likes this.
  16. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I would love to receive this set because the coins are beautiful! I really wanted to get this set for my sister but i didn't have the money to. She's 7 and she saw the little baby on the coin and she thought it was really cute, so i was going to get it for her for her birthday. I figured it might inspire her to go farther into collecting (all shes doing now is state park quarters and the presidential dollars). It would definitely be and nice surprise for her!
    Thanks for the contest!

flyers10 and phankins11 like this.
  17. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I want the set because I'm assembling a complete set of Roosevelt dimes and these would be a great addition.

Very generous contest you're running here. Thanks for the opportunity.

flyers10 likes this.
  18. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I would like the set because I am a poor college student with a limited budget that stops me from getting a lot of these new coins. I really like what they've done with this set and it would be a great addition to what I have.

Thanks for this chance! This is a very kind thing to do.

flyers10 likes this.
  19. Excuse_Me

Excuse_Me Active Member

I would like this set to add to my collection, that will be given to my Grandkids when I'm gone, and my hope is they will continue to collect, and keep passing it on. I almost bought one but backed out and decided to spend the $ on some nice mercury dimes for the collection. Plus I love the RP dime, I wish they would make a RP mercury dime.

flyers10 likes this.
  20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Might as well have a contest, nobody wants these. Oh, lol. Let me see. I want this set because I don't have one. No. I want this set because I really like it. No, that's not true. I want this set because my little girl who just had a bad spill on her bicycle you see it was pouring rain out and she was in a rush to get home so she could go on her laptop and order one of these from the U.S. Mint by the deadline because somebody told her they're going to be the coins of the century when she hit a big pothole in the sidewalk she didn't see because it was filled with water and now she's in the hospital and very depressed because she missed the deadline but they say she's going to make it if we can just get her spirits up. Yes, cut, that's a wrap, I'm going with that one. :D

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    bdunnse and flyers10 like this.
  21. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

a lot of folks don't like the RPs, but I think they're cool too.

flyers10 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted