Consumer Alert - World Reserve Monetary Exchange Offer

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hobo, Nov 25, 2008.

1. PittsburghMom

PittsburghMom Active Member

My point was that although we knew they were frauds, my husband felt that they were believable enough with the ad to fool quite a few people. I haven't heard them personally, just thought it applied to the conversation topic.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Say the correct "trigger" words to get folks to begin "imagining" all sorts of things and it's impossible to protect stupid from im/herself.

It's called advertising and the words "mint" and "vault" and "coin" are in no way proprietary to the US Mint.

Is it sleazy? Absolutely. Just as sleazy as "scrubbing bubbles" or "new and improved" marketing!

4. tkenergyz

tkenergyz New Member

I just received the Unsearched Vault Bag of "1,000 old U.S. coins". $97.00 When I ordered I asked if these were all old coins like in the photo. I was assured they were so I ordered. There was only 10 older well worn coins in the bag, the rest were newer pennies, mostly 2011, some Canadian.
    When I talked to customer service about this they said the 2011 were "Historic Coins" and would be valuable in the future. 2011 is not OLD!

THIS IS A RIP OFF THAT NEEDS TO STOP!
    They do not refund the shipping $4.95 and it cost me $11.27 to send this back.

This is a very dishonest company and everyone needs to know this. wrme.jpeg

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Welcome to CT! I hope you stick around. Lots of knowledge here.
    Everyone here knows about it. Too bad you didn't come here before buying them.
    You're not alone, though. We've all been where you are now.
    Learn from it. We'll help you.

6. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

I was at an auction a couple weeks ago.

They had one of those "armored" safes. It's pretty much a filing cabinet with a door.

It was a "grand armored" safe.

It's not armored, and there is definitely nothing "grand" about it.

https://www.theworldreserve.com/product.php?id=839&sq=1&search=safe&page=1

T
    hey want $872 for said safe.

The ad says "stands nearly 4 feet tall"

However the ad says 38" Tall.

How on EARTH is 38 inches anywhere near 4 feet (48") tall? How deceptive can you get?

The safe only weights 120 lbs, and has NO FIREPROOFING.

For the money, you would be better off buying a $800 gun safe. Not only is it fireproof, it's heavy too (over 500 lbs).

Like littleton coin, they want a min of $75 for silver dollars.

This company, along with littleton, should be shut down.

7. rickmp

38 inches is closer to 4 feet than it is to 1 foot. It's even closer to 4 feet than it is to 2 feet.

Phineas Taylor Barnum supposedly once said "there's a sucker born every minute.
    William Claude Dukenfeld supposedly once said "never give a sucker an even break.

8. rickmp

Detecto, try as you will, you'll never be another Ralph Nader.

9. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Unsafe at any speed.

10. tkenergyz

tkenergyz New Member

Re; 1,000 coins

I figured it would not be a great deal, but they flat out lied about them being old, and then when I called cs she said the 2011 were "historic" what a joke. I may file with bbb, this co needs to be shut down.

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Question, when does something become "old"? Answer, when it is not current. 2011 is not the current year so it is "old". Only one year old, but it is old.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of what they are doing, but they are good at skating the edge of legallity and as long as they are acting legally the only thing you can do is to keep warning people to keep down their number of customers. You can't "shut them down".

What they did is they used your own greed against you. If you had thought about their offer rather than just rushing in you would have realized that something was wrong. The coins they show are higher grade and at least one is a key date, while a well worn common date of the cheapest one, the buffalo would have been $250 for a thousand of them. A thousand coins for $97? About ten cents apiece, what did you expect you would receive? About the only "old" coins you could really expect for that price would be common wheat cents. But you ran in hoping to get something for nothing. (I will give you credit for at least asking a question about them before ordering. Most of their "customers" probably don't even do that.) So you are lucky and you are only out about $16. That's cheap tuition for this learning experience. I do think you should file a report with the BBB, that might just help the next guy, and it will make you feel better.

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Sort of like this thread. Why am I subscribed to this :(

13. Teela Olson

Teela Olson New Member

Im a complete sucker and have one! AT THE TIME YOUNG AND PERSONABLE, was the first start up of a coin collection ever... its bs how much fear was on our backs at the time and as broke as we were thought it would help in the long run..man I feel sheepish... not sure now that I want to sell these coins how to go about it? figured it was something I could fall back on Edit: Please read the forum's rules on language and I deleted the duplicate postings. I was way wrong! any help would be appreciated... not to mention.. many times they would say they were out of certain coins and replace them with something else, more than likely of lesser value. Im sure Im not the only one. Now I know why they gav me a book to collect uncut bills with a free sheet of 4 uncut one dollar bills with it. I feel sheepish. Just sad really. Figures greedy people suck!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  14. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Guys scan in the ad and post it

15. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Yes, please. I'd like to see this newspaper ad. If it's possible to scan or find it online.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

miedbe7 likes this.
  17. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I like this at the bottom of their pages...

[​IMG]

State Quarters Program, anyone, anyone? She just happens to be from the same area that this company is based in NE Ohio. LOL. Double LOL.

edit - and they can't even spell her name right for the trifecta.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

She's a 'Babe'..........

19. Joe2007

Joe2007 Well-Known Member

$59.00 for a 90% silver Walking Liberty Half -- Wow -- Only $52.00 too high IMO, assuming that they send you a circulated common date.

I believe that this establishment is based out of Canton, Ohio and is a subsidiary of Arthur Middleton Capital Holdings which sells a vast array of similar products including those "amish" crafted space heaters seen in newspapers that claim to dramatically reduce your heating bills.

I had hoped that they were no longer in business. Must be a lot of money in gimmicky advertising targeting vulnerable populations like seniors.

20. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I went to the bank today. My teller had this in her draw. She said it looked unusual and handed it to me to check out. It's a 2006-P. I had never seen or hear of this company before. So I did a search and this thread popped up. Glad I found it.

I gave her $2 for it. It even has a certified public release number! :woot::hilarious:

cc: @Lehigh96

IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0254.JPG IMG_0255.JPG

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  21. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Cute but not worth the value there charging

Draft saved Draft deleted