CONSTANTIAE

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Valentinian, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Fugio1, eparch, DonnaML and 9 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ambr0zie

ambr0zie Dacian Taraboste

I did, but I checked online first (not your site as I wanted to see if I can find it myself). Wasn't aware about this type!
    My first thought was Constantia, sister of Constantine and wife of Licinius, but I quickly realized it has nothing to do with her.

Good website!

Shrews1994 likes this.
  4. seth77

seth77 Well-Known Member

Reply edited for spoilers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    ambr0zie likes this.
  5. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

I checked it out and was surprised.

6. ambr0zie

I checked the page with this coin (actual page not website). Guessed correctly 5 coins, most of them were unfamiliar to me. Disappointing but fun. I will check all the pages with reverses.

Later edit - concentrated a little more and checked the 4 pages before tetrarchy. 32 coins, still disappointing, but not in the page 2 trend :D

Noticed you don't have a link for this reverse - 6th coin on page 4. One of the coins I recognized.
    upload_2021-6-30_21-59-41.png

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  7. Valentinian

Thank you for finding that. I fixed it and it is working now. If anyone finds a mistake, let me know. Web pages are easy to fix.

8. PeteB

PeteB Well-Known Member

It asked me to sign-in.

9. ambr0zie

10. Valentinian

Odd. That is unintended and I don't know how it occurred. Can you tell me the URL? I intend the whole site including the main page
    http://augustuscoins.com/ed/unique/unique.html
    and all the associated pages such as the one with CONSTANTIAE
    http://augustuscoins.com/ed/unique/unique2.html
    to just work (and they always have before). I wonder if I accidentally changed some setting? Anyway, please try again and let me know if they are working for you.

11. PeteB

PeteB Well-Known Member

12. Valentinian

I hope they are now correct. The second link with "pages" in the URL was wrong by my mistake. The links in this thread should be correct, but when I "corrected" that link on from page 4 to its coin I linked to the wrong place. I apologize. I sure hope this time I corrected it correctly!

13. PeteB

PeteB Well-Known Member

It now works fine!

14. Limes

Limes Well-Known Member

thanks @Valentinian for your site. I've used it before, and many times, it's really informative. And I enjoy the quiz too :)

15. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Is it OK to post spoilers now? :shy:

23602_0.jpg
    Mine is ex Clain-Stefanelli and is my favourite Claudius.

I wasn't aware that Constantia was using the "silence" gesture, which is better known for Harpokrates:
    diocletian harpokrates.jpg

Bing likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted