Consecutive $100 Star Notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by pratt, Jan 16, 2021.

1. pratt

pratt New Member

Hi, everyone. I found these two consecutive star notes in circulation and would be grateful for advice. I’m not a paper money collector. I’d tuck these away if they were ones, but $200 is a lot to set aside. I did some research and they don’t appear to be particularly rare relative to other $100 star notes, but would like to check with those who are far more knowledgeable. Thanks!

P.J.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I don’t see much of a premium; any premium would be quickly eaten away by shipping and selling fees.

4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Spenders in my book.
    Nothing special about the serial number. I'd be releasing them into the wild.

5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Nice find @pratt. I’d be tempted to keep one of them. It’s from a 640K run and this series will end soon with a new presidential administration and new signatures coming. The money in my savings account/money market is earning diddly-squat right now, so inflation would be the only real enemy. If I could afford to put $100 away, I would. Pick the nicer of the two.

6. pratt

pratt New Member

Thanks, everyone! I’ll try to see if I can find a local collector who would be willing to swap for $200 cash. I don’t want a premium for them, but would rather give them to a collector than spend them. - Edited -

Thanks again for the replies!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
    Mountain Man likes this.
  7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Take your email down @pratt

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. pratt

pratt New Member

Hey, guys. It sounds like having my email address is objectionable. Sorry--no harm intended. I see no way to edit or delete my post here. Maybe an admin can help.

9. masterswimmer

It's for your protection from bots and spam and phishing. Not objectionable to us at all. We're looking out for you.

10. pratt

pratt New Member

Got it. I should have thought of that. I see no option to edit my post or even delete the thread. I clicked the "report" link and asked if an admin could please remove the post. Thanks, @masterswimmer and @SteveInTampa--I appreciate the reminder!

11. masterswimmer

You're welcome. To the left of the 'Report' button I have an 'Edit' button. You don't?

12. pratt

pratt New Member

No, the replies in this thread that I did with my PC browser have the edit option. Those that I wrote from my iPhone do not have the edit option. Strange.

13. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Walmart spenders to be sure, consecutive star notes really aren't that rare
    especially at the bank.

Draft saved Draft deleted