Confused on President mints

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mojavedave, May 8, 2013.

1. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

This was a note from a friend of mine. I don't understand what presidential dollars she is refering to. THe presidential coins I get from the U.S. Mint are all "S" mint. What are these other minted coins she refers to ?

I started collecting the President Dollars (I saw it on a informmercial where you get the first 4 Presidents, 5 of each, Denver, San Francisco, Philly and 2 Satin and some other finish. So I got the solid Cherry box with the first 4 (2007) and I get each month another 5 coins (1 president) at a time.

Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jo Money

Jo Money Junior Senior Member

Assuming the second paragraph is her letter, yes Dave, the other mints do make Prez dollars. The satin finishes were made at Philly and Denver along with the circulation issues.
    presidential_dollar_edge[1].jpg

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Oh Yeah, now I remember. These are commercial coins. Do they still mint these each year ?

5. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They are also sold by the mint in bags and rolls for a premium. They haven't made the satin finish coins since 2010 so I don't know what they would include now to make up for those. And most likely one of them is gold plated. the TV ad they are referring to is not from the US mint, but more likely the Danbury Mint. I've seen their ad a lot.

7. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Not correct , the pres dollars are in the regular and silver proof sets. They come in their own individual lens, like the quarters.

9. The "S" mintmark is only found on the proof coins. The "P" and "D" mintmarks are only on the Business strikes and Satin Finish Dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted