Confused at what kind of error this is

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Melody Frazier, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Melody Frazier

Melody Frazier New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Walter Marx

Walter Marx Active Member

Can we get more pictures? Entire coin in the shot, both sides.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  5. Walter Marx

Walter Marx Active Member

That may be a good size die crack going along the timeline on right side, pretty tough to tell consider Condition and your single photo

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Not a die crack. It's a seam where metal folded over. Read @paddyman98 link and it will make more sense. Hope this helps

Walter Marx and paddyman98 like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I would like to see photos of both sides of the entire coin, too!

Chris

8. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

It's all damage on that nickel

9. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Hi Melody. Welcome to Coin Talk !! where things aren't always as they seem. Even though this coin may not be a mint error, please don't be discouraged, keep searching, keep looking, and certainly keep posting and eventually you will find something nice.
    Here at Coin Talk !! we love helping new members understand why a particular find may or may not be a true Mint Error.
    In the future, please post full size photos of both the front and the back of the coin and, if necessary, close-ups of the area in question. These photos will help our members determine any aspects of the coin that may be errors or that may need further investigation.
    Melody, please be aware that the vast majority of coins posted on this site by new members are nothing more than damaged coins.
    If you are serious about coin collecting, and you haven't done so already, get yourself a copy of the Red Book. It's available from Amazon for about $15.00.
    Not only is it a valuable resource for coin collectors, but it is also a very interesting and informative read.

Thanks again for posting, Melody.

10. Melody Frazier

Thank you so much for your friendlyness i will check it out

11. Melody Frazier

Hmm i thought i posted several pbotos

Draft saved Draft deleted