Confiscating ancient coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GDJMSP, Jan 9, 2012.

1. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

...And meanwhile no real progress seems to be getting made on stopping the flow of counterfeit goods from China or the theft of intellectual property.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yep. They refuse to do anything about the flood of known counterfeits, but will go out of their way to enforce foreign countries wishing to confiscate private property. These same governments are stealing our IP to the tune of billions per year. Why are we so stupid? Who is getting paid to make these decisions against the people of the US?

I don't mean to be melodramatic, but every year this country that I have fought for is just seeming less and less a country I wish to be a part of. I bet Jefferson and the rest of our founding fathers have long ago given up trying to roll over in their graves. We were founded as a country that minds its own business and fostering the rights of the citizen being greater than the rights of the government. Now we have a bunch of idiots bombing any country they think they can get away with, selling our country down the river to foreign nations, wasting our national treasure, and enforcing foreign laws and confiscating private property. That about sum it up?

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Let me ask you this if your kid is getting bullied by your loan sharks' son would you go complain about him to the loan shark. Of course not, same situation here we import goods from China and China uses the $$ to buy our debt. it is better to let a few counterfiets thru than do anything that can jepordize this trillion dollar scheme..

Added: by the way customs and law enforcement officers who seized those coins would get some nice $$$ from italy for recovering those coins.

5. Owle

Owle Junior Member

All they need is an excuse and they can raid and seize, I don't know what the statistics are but I am sure this is big money for law enforcement.

6. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Unfortunately it's way too close.

But you can't capture the flavor of the country or the disdain in which citizens are held without talking about pink slime and the government that allows it to be labeled "100% lean beef". It's the money trail that always leads back to government and a citizenship that votes its pocketbook instead of what's right or what's just. It really is "We the People" who have created this monster that runs on money and thrives on waste. It is we who have put individual rights in the backseat and promoted civil rights as paramount. It is we who keep sending the same people to pass laws that favor the rich and powerful. It is we who sold our rights and liberty.

7. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I pray you're wrong but deep down I know they wouldn't be stealing anything if someone wasn't making a profit. I bet the winners are not the people of Italy who'll get to see the coin in a museum for free.

8. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Very interesting read

The information that everyone has presented in this thread makes for a very interesting read. Shall we all send a link to this thread to our representatives in government?

Draft saved Draft deleted