Confinement "To do List"

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ocatarinetabellatchitchix, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

AH! Yum.

And don't forget this Norwegian yummy: (lotta good times in Scandinavia and Finland with this...)

upload_2020-3-28_14-49-45.png

svessien likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Stevearino, PlanoSteve and Alegandron like this.
  4. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Whenever I served as a tour guide in Scandinavia for Americans/Canadians I would buy aquavit for after the farewell dinner (and bring little medicine cups with me from the States to facilitate offering everyone a taste). Only a small percentage of the tourists had ever tasted it. To put it mildly, the general consensus is that aquavit is an acquired taste :yuck: .

On the other hand, when I guide Scandinavians in the USA/Canada and bring out the aquavit there is usually a loud cheer! And it is not unusual that when I offer seconds (and thirds and fourths) there are a lot of takers :joyful: .

Steve

Theodosius, wxcoin and Alegandron like this.
  5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

You need to offer Tennessee Sour Mash or Moonshine in the States, or Canadian Whiskey in Canada. See if they cheer

6. svessien

svessien Senior Member

If it’s free alcohol, Norwegians will cheer. Even if it’s defroster for the car. There’s some viking heritage left.

wxcoin, Alegandron and Stevearino like this.
  7. Stevearino

Thanks! This was the laugh to get me started in the first day of our 14-day quarantine after making a mad two-day, 1,720 mile dash from AZ to MN.

Steve

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Johndakerftw, wxcoin and svessien like this.
  8. Bing

Sounds like the Irish to me.
    [​IMG]

Stevearino and svessien like this.
  9. Clonecommanderavgvsvs

Clonecommanderavgvsvs Well-Known Member

Vikings did found Dublin, Wexford, Cork and limerick so theres a theory.

10. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Those who were too drunk to find their way back to the longboat stayed behind, I guess.

wxcoin, Alegandron and Stevearino like this.
  11. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

The Norwegian friends I had here seemed to like Jagermeister.

12. Stevearino

The car defroster anti-freeze solution must have been all used up.

Steve

wxcoin likes this.
  13. Bing

But they also settled in Normandy, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland(?), Italy.

14. Clonecommanderavgvsvs

Ah yes and in Russian. The Vikings also explored some of Canada from Greenland but that was more of trip than an attempt at a permanent settlement. It’s crazy to think you could be Irish, English, Scottish, French, Italian, and Russian and have Norse ancestors.

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Gah! Well, at least you can spend the first week of it sleeping to recover from THAT drive...

Stevearino likes this.
  16. svessien

svessien Senior Member

The viking who started settlements on Greenland was from my area: Eirik Raude, or Erik the Red.
    He got into a fight and killed somebody here, and was banished. So he sailed to Iceland, where he proceeded to kill one of his neighbours and was banished again. Somehow he was able to convince some other people to follow him to find new land to settle, and landed on the rich soil of Greenland...
    Unsurprisingly, his son grew tired of hanging out at Greenland as he grew up, so he took with him a group of settlers himself. His name was Leiv Eriksson. They say he ended up at Newfoundland.

17. Stevearino

In the age of no anger-management classes, just move to a new area. Rinse, repeat.

Steve

svessien likes this.
  18. Stevearino

Rest definitely needed. This morning I was dialing a phone number, got six digits punched in and then realized I was on the calculator, not the phone pad.

Steve

-jeffB, Johndakerftw and wxcoin like this.
  19. KeviniswhoIam

KeviniswhoIam Well-Known Member

Well, I just cancelled my trip to Italy's Amalfi Coast on May 8. I am deemed essential, so, I will be at work weekdays AND weekends. I know it kind of stinks you folks having to stay home.....the only thing worse is having to work every day and listen to what you all have planned!

svessien and TexAg like this.
  20. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Boy, and I feel bad about cancelling my trip to the bowling alley tomorrow.

svessien and Stevearino like this.
  21. Clonecommanderavgvsvs

I went out of country for the first time last year. Glad I was able to dodge the virus.

Draft saved Draft deleted