Confinement "To do List"

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ocatarinetabellatchitchix, Mar 20, 2020.

1. svessien

svessien Senior Member

I have been doing my best to follow the guidelines from the authorities for two weeks now. Working from home, go to the grocery store as little as possible, see few people in general, etc. I haven’t driven my car for a week.

Today I and a friend had had enough though. The weather was beautiful and the mountains dry. So we went climbing. Not a long climb, we’re both out of shape after the winter, but up this little hill. It was a great day out.

BA1225C7-E9FA-496E-B103-6EE7E0A42647.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Godt gjort! (Well done).

Steve

svessien likes this.
  4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Great to get some exercise! Tomorrow I’m going MD with a friend. Probably the local high school, supposed to be nice weather.

lordmarcovan, Stevearino and svessien like this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

With that and netflicks. I'd stay home. What ya going to do next week is the question? Get strong

6. Ocatarinetabellatchitchix

Ocatarinetabellatchitchix Well-Known Member

Thanks. It seems I'll have a lot of Netflix to do. Here around Montreal we just heard an hour ago that all "non essential business" have to shut-down until April 13th...outch! Fortunately the cave a vin is full...

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'm working until our last guest at the hotel checks out (likely Thursday) then laid off for 60 days. My wife, who works for the same resort company, is likewise under the same 60-day layoff, and filed for unemployment this morning. Our daughter works at a restaurant for a different company, and is still working for the time being.

I expect I'll be doing more coin stuff. Maybe some detecting or fossil hunting, but with spring fully sprung in Georgia's Golden Isles, the sand gnats are voracious- worst I've seen in 25 years.

So any outdoor time will be when it's breezy enough to keep the gnat clouds at bay!

8. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Wishing you the best, @lordmarcovan during the layoff. Hopefully you can file for unemployment also; if not, I hope the stimulus bill comes through for you and all other working CTers.

Sand gnats. Twice I've been plagued by them in Norway. I must be allergic to their bite because it took 3-4 WEEKS to get over them both times.

Steve

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Voracious you say. Hadn't heard that in ages. FOSSILS. I would give up work to Fossil hunt. Stay strong.

10. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Shark teeth - dredge spoils, pieces of eight!

11. Pavlos

Pavlos You pick out the big men. I'll make them brave!

I still need to go to work everyday, even with Corona. I work in the pharmaceutical/chemical industry, and my profession is considered "vital" by the government, even though 90% of the company is empty. Otherwise I would finally have some time to update my coin holders, website and my coin catalog. But oh well, more important things to worry about now.

12. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I click on it and it says "502 Bad Gateway"
    Now (next day) I click on it and go to site no problem. Beautiful coins!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  13. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Best wishes and good health to you and your family, @lordmarcovan ! I’m sure that all of this will be behind us before too long.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Thank you for staying on the job!

Our company is apparently getting a lot of new trials related to COVID-19. My own job isn't very directly related to them (to my frustration -- I want to help), but we're proceeding apace on work that will eventually make a difference. If anything, I've got less time now than I did before, even though I'm 100% working-from-home.

15. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

This video has gone viral about how you can disinfect your groceries...

16. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Hang in there, Sir. And thank you for the effort.

I am supervising an institution for young criminals and drug addicts. We are the last resort for them, and will stay open. Even if the kids run off to do drugs in unhealthy environment, we find them and take them back. We don’t have any hopes of not catching this virus, it’s just a question of time. I tried working from home for 10 days, but it’s not sufficient. So I’m back at the facility, and I must say I’m more happy with sharing the fate of the good people working with the kids. Saves me from sending stupid bids to overpriced auctions too.

17. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

18. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Since my scanner automatically updated its software a while back I get a message that it will not scan currency anymore (some sort of gov’t reg.) What software do you us that allows you to scan currency?

19. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

I was sent on a rare business trip to Stavanger around 1984 to install a software package we had just developed. Unfortunately, it was over a religious holiday (Whitsuntide, maybe) and the town was shut down. The two salesmen and I took the single-car train down to Flekkefjord, a small fishing village, and that was stunning. I looked it up a year ago, and I found that the train line is gone, but has been converted to a hiking and biking trail. It would be too beautiful to waste.

Stevearino, wxcoin and svessien like this.
  20. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Stavanger was a very different city in 1984. To a foreigner, it must have felt shut down most of the time... It’s still a small city in an unsignificant country. I’m happy for that. Life is very good here. And we have some beautiful surroundings. Spring is finally here now, and I will be hiking tomorrow.

BCDFD5D8-433A-443F-8644-74CF741472E5.jpeg FD8BF2D5-DF57-46EA-8ABD-2E8C35FDDD64.jpeg 83529F40-9EDD-4C0A-B188-FB1CA26301FB.jpeg 32B4B48C-EB06-4D84-985F-49CC3CF955A6.jpeg

Kavax, Stevearino, Theodosius and 2 others like this.
  21. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Unless I am facing a deadline I don't do one task solid like I did in my younger days. I now subscribe to the DOC SAVAGE method and break my waking hours down into segments of my choice. One segment playing on the computer - one segment doing chores - one segment devoted to hobbies - one segment reading - one segment exercise - one segment visiting or writing letters to friends.
    You can decide how large a segment should be - you decide what is in the segment and doing this you never get bored and never run out of things to do.

Stevearino and dougsmit like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted