Confessions of a Wannabee

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Arizona Jack, May 5, 2010.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Hey Jack, Welcome back ! Do we still keep the secret as to which of your hotsauces give the best toning ? :)

Jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Are talking about the toning to lips or tongue ? :D

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Lots of competition for sure and tuff to make a buck, Will see you on
    The other side :)

5. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Jack,

Some comments here were that you failed, but that certainly isn't my impression.
    In 3 years you became known as THE cointalk Lincoln expert/dealer (rlm, you're in there too, :p )
    That certainly seems like an accomplishment to me.
    Just so you know, Your presence on cointalk made me sign up. I had read and kept seeing posts by you and you were always saying "Hey Gang" this or "you guys rock", and that, to me, made this place feel like a home away from home.
    Remember this thread?
    http://www.cointalk.com/t35364-2/
    Although the original video it was about has since stopped working, I think you probably remember what it was about.

I'm glad I could be a SMALL part of your cointalk experience, and look forward to meeting up again. We'll have to play another poker game.... last time it just wasn't fair... :goofer:

Thanks for letting me semi behind the scenes of Mesacoin.

See ya around,

6. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

You all are too kind. Sorry for the editing Doug, I originally posted this across the street and just copy and pasted, oops.

Snaz, the weekend with you and Magman was a highlite for sure, you made my year bro. Driving 11 hours then a 7 hour flight just to attend Long Beach with me was way cool dedication.

My weekend with RLM was as fun as I can remember. Clembo and I also had a great trip. I have had dinner with GDJMSP and JD White, all thing too coolto count, none of that would have happened without cointalk.

Poker with Rick Snow and Charmy rocks, it has become an annual event.

I'm not gone folks, just back on the " safe" side of the table. It was either that or quit my dayjob. I kinda like a steady, predictable paycheck every week :)

Now, back to that set of raw XF/AU Lincolns, I have not looked at MY collection in years. I want to enjoy it again. I think I have one of the best " everymans " Lincoln sets ever assembled, I want to upgrade it to all AU-59.9 browns....thats a job in itself :) Raw baby Raw !!!! LOL

7. Arizona Jack

Oh , and Doug...
    I have won many a beer and a burger by flippin that lucky $50 my friend !!

8. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

So long as you remember
    That means you are both welcome and encouraged to both post and argue here. It does not mean that you are relegated to the back seats nor a failure, as Sean pointed out.

9. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Well, look at the bright side. You can still sell coins as a collector without all the overhead and expenses.

You were the real deal as far as I'm concerned. :thumb: Good luck with your future endeavors.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Hey Jack, that 1864 Two Cent (large motto) piece you sold me got a "green bean" at Coin Fest last fall. Far as I'm concerned you'll always be one of the "greats"........

11. Arizona Jack

Dick, you rock and will always be a mentor, it was so nice to hang with you at LB, Vess, you know where you and I stand, we are politics guys lol, and Green18, I have sold many a copper that got a CAC sticker afterwords, I look for nice coins and snatch them up, Congrats on the Green Bean!!!!

Folks, it's gonna be fun again. I want to start a Standing Lib quarter set believe it or not, I think it the most beautiful coin ever designed in America.........

Brad ( acanthite ), you are a true brother, always have a welcome spot on my couch when you visit AZ. We have shared many a beer and discussion on coins, I have learned so much from you.

Bernard, I am doing very well, just at other things. Coins have been great, I am just tired of the stress, I want to collect again. Otherwise, you would have never snagged those Jefferson sets from me my friend. That $$ will help my AU set along very nice :)

This is not a farewell thread folks,this is a welcome back to roots thread. I LOVE being a coin collector !!!!

12. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Jack, I have to say, after visiting you at some tables, I definitely think this is a good decision.
    Sure, you had some good days, but it seemed like you had just as many bad.

Plus, this isn't to say you can make some extra cash flipping coins ;)

And of course, I think you'll have just as much, if not more fun this way :)

13. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yeah. Not to mention how many lincolns you have now that you can dump for your AU set.
    That'll take a while to dump all the unwanted Abes.

14. Arizona Jack

Mag and Snaz in combo posts, you guys rock. Me and Detroit MArk had such a blast with you " kids" that weekend....I'll bet you will never forget your tour of Hollywood by an insider.....Remember the Pizza restauraunt under our hotel on ratty Hollywood Blvd? LOL, I love it

See you soon

15. ahearn

ahearn Member

Jack, I've never met you but you are one stand-up guy and I envy those who have done business with you in the past. I appreciate your comments and your "insider" perspective on being a coin dealer. It was very enlightening.

16. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Thanks for sharing Jack and hope to still see you at the some of the SoCal shows. In your initial post it seems you were doing very well and still having fun at the local shows, perhaps you don't have to abandon that side of the table completely. Maybe do just enough at the local level to keep it fun and to keep it from costing a ton in travel expenses.

Would have never guessed SLQs! Good luck!

17. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

Hey Jack,
    I have heard so many good things about you since I have joine dthis forum. Maybe some day you can share with me some of that knowledge about Lincolns. I am a new collector and am reading and stugying every day and would love to learn from one of the bests.

18. jeanlee411

jeanlee411 Junior Member

Im sure you will have some great memories………when i retire if coins are still a industry i would love to travel the US and sell some Non dimes i have accumulated

19. bella8x

bella8x Junior Member

Anyway u tried with yr capability.i'm sympathy with yr situation!
    [FONT=&quot]__________________[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Watch Letters to Juliet Movie Online Free

20. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Will sincerely miss buying coins from you. I bought a handful of coppers from you mainly Abe's. However Theyre largely the pride of my collection.
    And I know where your coming from, I have only been doing my local coin club meets and several other coin clubs in my area. And that I find exhausting. Not to mention my regular store customers, then my customers only for high end coins, then dealer to dealer sales. And trying to make a buck off each coin but giving honest prices on both sides of the counter. It truly sucks but I wont be able to do full time numismatics only and survive off that. I am saving up some inventory to do a major show soon. It would be nice to have a table with Charmy and Rick Snow.

However its nice to get back to roots, I hope you enjoyed your time as a dealer, you were a great one and Ill defintely miss your table.
    I am also working on the SLQ, only missing the 1916.
    Best of luck its a fun series yet challenging, especially in higher grades, mine is a g4 set. only thing I could really afford.

Best of Luck to you

21. Breakdown

Breakdown Member

One of the good guys from everything I can see -- I hope this means we will see more of you around here. I mean this should free up some free time for you, right?

And I still want a bottle of the hot sauce!

Draft saved Draft deleted