Conder tokens value?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Nathan F, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg Hi all, looking to sell or trade these and want to know what I should expect to get for them and how much they’re worth. Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Not very much unfortunately Nathan. They're quite low grade - I think you'd do very well to get $10 apiece, less for the Anglesey token.

There's not enough detail in the photos to see if they are a specific variety.

4. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I agree with @mrbadexample . Probably $10-$15 in such condition.

The Chichester one tends to attract some interest because of Queen Elizabeth, and because the date is readable. Maybe $20 on that one on a good day.

5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I respect the response of others but in my opinion the photos are not good enough to make an honest appraisal or opinion. Good luck

Mountain Man likes this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

As stated by @Mr.Q if you posted them for sale with those photos, I doubt you would get many offers and certainly not your asking price. Just my opinion.

7. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

That’s welcome news I paid 5 USD for the three and didn’t know what they were worth until I researched them.

Kentucky likes this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

You did good.

9. Keith Twitchell

Keith Twitchell Active Member

I've seen a lot of Conder Tokens in auctions recently, though definitely in better condition than these seem to be. Perhaps they would give you some idea of values. I've never looked them up on ac-search, but you might start there.

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Many on this site quote their appreciation of history. I can appreciate the history of the period around the time of the Condor Tokens as much from these as I can from pristine uncirculated examples (although I would like to have a few pristine uncirculated examples :))

Draft saved Draft deleted