Conder Token Reference Help

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by TJC, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I would say Dalton and Hamer are a great set to own, especially considering they are the book that is used by everyone in the series. However, the prices of these options seem high. I bought my reprint of DH for less than any of the options on Amazon. Used numismatic books are a weird field, usually prices of older references are sky high on fixed price sites, but you can usually do much better if you are patient.

Let me know if you want any tips on getting older references cheaper.

jello likes this.
  4. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Medoraman, any tips you have are welcome!:)

I think I may have found a single vol. reprint (500+ page version) for $150. I am thinking of pulling the trigger; what do you think?

5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Another option if you want the old version of D&H would be this free downloadable version: http://provincialtokencoinage.weebly.com/

I personally purchased the Choice #2 PDF version -- which is an updated version of the original D&H. A lot of time was spent on updating that version, and I think it's your best bang for the buck. I'm very happy with the "search" functionality of that one also, but some people still desire to have a paper copy.

6. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

PS -- You don't want option #4 for sure...

7. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Brg5658, thank you very much for your response! I am now really considering option the PDF download. I have been skeptical about its search ability, but I am now thinking it will be user friendly enough for me. I am sure the updated rarity ratings and prices must be helpful!

Draft saved Draft deleted