Concord Coin Show Report

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Amanda Varner, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Amanda Varner

Amanda Varner Well-Known Member

Yes, Mary Ann (the head security guard, it's her company) owns the pup & his gorgeous father. She was the one who wouldn't agree not to shoot me! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cazkaboom likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

What, no coin shows so far? That's horrible!:eek:

4. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Yeah I know! I have this dumb thing called "school" that usually takes up my time. :D
    I just haven't found the time to go to coin shows. One of my "coin resolutions" this year is to go to a show.

5. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

School's your best excuse? I was more expecting a pack of rabid dogs right outside your house.

Anyhow, I'm 14, have been to two or three, and volunteered at two of those.

Ohhh yeah, can't touch this!:D

thecoinlover and non_cents like this.
  6. Amanda Varner

Every show will run Saturday, and while some also have Sunday hours, often half (or more) dealers will leave Saturday night.

The point is, no excuse!! Get out there!

7. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Got that right.

Go my pack of rabid dogs! Inside his house!

Let's see if he'll go to a coin show then!

thecoinlover likes this.
  8. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

You too? I've never been to a coin show either don't know about much of any happening in the ne coast tho

9. Amanda Varner

Depends on where, but there are always club shows!

10. Mainebill

I
    I got a pack of rabid cats!!

Cazkaboom likes this.
  11. Mainebill

When I do go it'll probably be a big one will depend on when and where and my finances I could spend 10-20k quick at the right one if I've got it hardest part for me is walking away from something I love which is why when I don't have extra to spend on coins I stay away from the coin auctions otherwise I'd be broke

Amanda Varner likes this.
  12. Mainebill

My biggest problem is I'm not independently wealthy and the only thing I like better than a draped bust is a flowing hair:)

13. Mainebill

Was your reports about the Chicago ana show that got me thinking about one of these days when I got a bunch of extra money taking a break from working and piling into my truck (I won't fly) and heading out to one of the major coin shows would be the first vacation I've had in many years been to and done many antique shows this wouldn't be that much different only more fun

14. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Great write up.

Know of any Pasadena, CA shows worth going to? I missed the fairly recent one at the Scottish Rite Center.

Amanda Varner likes this.
  15. Amanda Varner

The one at the Scottish Rite is a new but fairly good little one day show. We don't set up there but have one guy who goes & walks the floor with a few boxes. Other than that, the closest shows that I'm aware of are Arcadia (Golden State show), Glendale, and Van Nuys. None are major shows, but club shows.

Of course there's always Long Beach at the end of the month!

bdunnse likes this.
  16. vlaha

vlaha Respect. The. Hat.

Hey don't hate the little guy, the biggest show in the Portland area (PNNA fall mini show actually) is a club show, and it gets 70 dealers!

Of course I may be a bit biased, considering I'm the VP of the local club that puts it on...:D

Cazkaboom likes this.
  17. Amanda Varner

We were handed this this morning and I thought of you!

[​IMG]

Junior Numismatist, Alhambra Coin Center
    lifeatthecoinshop.wordpress.com

Mainebill likes this.
  18. Mainebill

Ah thanks i might have to go I know the facility well I did an antique show there last month that I've done for years

Draft saved Draft deleted