Complete Group

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by britannia40, Nov 19, 2017.

1. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

I just finished cleaning my group but made a mistake n put all nee n old in the same drawer so i decided to do a group photo. Some came out great some were culls.

Anyone see anything good? im assuming there wont be i havent had a chance to fully research them.

20171119_192753.jpg 20171119_193117.jpg 20171119_193315.jpg 20171119_192855.jpg 20171119_192908.jpg 20171119_192927.jpg 20171119_193137.jpg 20171119_193147.jpg 20171119_193158.jpg

dlhill132, Ajax, Curtisimo and 16 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hey! That one is mine! I dropped it quite a while ago.

Chris

Kentucky likes this.
  4. bsr045

bsr045 Well-Known Member

Some pretty nice coins here, nothing of great value but i like the bearded Julians! Should be lots of fun to attribute.

dougsmit likes this.
  5. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I agree.

Mikey Zee and Youngcoin like this.
  6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

If I can ID them in RIC, then I consider them good, so I see a loot of good ones there. :happy: I'm an "occasional" ancients collector (who probably has more value in reference books than in coins) so I always learn a lot attributing stuff like this.

Nice coins. I'm jealous that you get to attribute them

7. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

75% are really nice, attributable coins with good eye-appeal. While none are of great value, there are some nice fel-temps, gloria exercitus, gloria romanorum and campgate types. A nice post-reform radiate of Maximian, nice Julian II, nice Probus. Nice denarius and antoninianus of Elagabalus. Even an Antoninus Pius denarius, it looks like. I'd be really happy with that group.

Mikey Zee and brandon spiegel like this.
  8. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

I see a lot of coins in fantastic condition that I'd be happy to own. A couple of denarii, antoninianii, and lots of great LRBs that should be easy to attribute.

Youngcoin likes this.
  9. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Th are a great lot!

Thanks,
    Jacob

10. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

I would be super happy to get that group as an uncleaned lot. Very nice!

11. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What a great group of coins!!

12. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

That’s a remarkable lot for uncleaned these days. It would’ve been a good lot even when uncleaneds could be had at a reasonable price.

I’ve cleaned many of these kinds of coins but don’t think I’ve ever gotten one of those Concordia reverse types with a soldier holding two standards there in the middle. Looks to be centenionalis size. Maybe of Constantius II? Not particularly valuable but a bit unusual in an uncleaned lot. That would make a great LRB starter lot.

Mikey Zee likes this.
  13. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

the 2 nice silvers weren't in the uncleaned lot. it was actually 2 uncleaned lots.

14. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I'm jealous...

Draft saved Draft deleted