Complete Dansco Mexico Type Set

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mlov43, May 16, 2016.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I have one of those. Except the gold. One of my pride and joy collections. Here is what it takes to complete. Believe it or not the Album itself was the hardest to locate. Discontinued for years.

upload_2016-5-16_18-54-33.png

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

That's cool but I think it's way overpriced. I have almost every coin in there and I sure didn't pay $1,400 for them.

5. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Fascinating!!! So, there are 54 type coins in this collection? How much is such a set for average condition coins? I would love to own one!

sonlarson likes this.
  6. sonlarson

I have a little over $600 invested in my album. Obviously it could be assembled for a lot less if you lowered the grade on some of the coins. The album being out of circulation is not what I would call "up to date" for the Mexico Type set. The complete set of of democratic coins from 1905 to the coinage reform act of 1992 will take 96 coins. Not all of the coins in my type set had a spot in the album.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Paul M. and Daniel Jones like this.
  7. sonlarson

8. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Right. But somebody might pay $1,400 for this album. Some of us (include me) also go a little nutz over these out of print Dansco binders.

No need to go out and collect the coins, unless you want to upgrade these already-pretty-decent-grade coins.

Instant gratification. But it'll cost you!

Paul M. and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

10. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

I've got the holders for Mexico, Austrailia, Panama, and the 2 Brit type sets. Has them for years(more than 20) and see that they are very hard to come by now.

Paul M. and Seattlite86 like this.
  11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

12. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

This is a great website. As you can see, there are lists for some countries you can print and check off at shows. I ended up editing some of my lists to exclude repetitive types but they're a good starting point. Just check it with Krause. I think the Mexico list covers the last coinage reform.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted