Commemorative rubles (1, 3 and 5) cu-ni

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by moneditis, Apr 26, 2016.

1. moneditis

moneditis Reales de a 8

longnine009, old49er and sonlarson like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

4. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

russian ruble reverse or battle of Bordino.jpg russian rubles battle of borodino obverse.jpg wow. very nice. I have a few Russian rubles here. maybe you can tell me what this gold commemorative is? also can you tell me what the back of this battle of Borodino says? I know it was commemorating the defeat of Napoleon. heres a couple pics . View attachment 496698 View attachment 496699

Attached Files:

5. muhfff

muhfff Well-Known Member

This "gold commemorative" is copy (probably Chinese) of some kind of pattern coin.
    The rouble is also fake. But the text is something like "the glorious years have passed, but the deeds will stay forever".

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    old49er likes this.
  6. moneditis

moneditis Reales de a 8

Yes...both fakes. Curious chervonetz...:pompous::woot::bookworm::)

old49er likes this.
  7. old49er

old49er Well-Known Member

Thanks, most appreciated. Glad I didn't pay a lot for these. :cigar:... but I still love these patterns non the less...:arghh:

8. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

These Soviet commemorative ruble coins are somewhat easy to find - prices however have been increasing over the past few years. When I first bought them in Russia more than 10 years ago, I bought a similar set for only 1000 rubles which was about 30 - 40 USD.

The commemorative ruble is a very expensive coin if genuine - I believe it would be closer to the 2000 dollar mark. At one stage, it was possible to buy the Romanov commemorative silver coin for slightly over melt - I still have that one. The days of buying cheap Russian coins are long gone. Sellers target buyers who believe that they are getting a bargain, only to find out the hard way.

Draft saved Draft deleted