Columbia Tennessee Coin Shops

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by icollectoldmoney, Aug 31, 2015.

1. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

Is anybody from around columbia tennesssee and know where a coin shop is I am up here working and off today and want go to a coin shop.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Not sure about a shop there, but I have been to their "mule days" festival. Pretty entertaining.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I checked "Locate Dealer" on NGC, and there isn't one listed in Columbia, but there is one listed in Franklin about 23 miles away.

http://www.ngccoin.com/services/dealer-listing.aspx

Chris

5. cooper

cooper Active Member

6. jwitten

Do NOT go to the one in Murfreesboro (Jims coin store). To be fair, there are 2 there, one guy is decent (middle tn coin and jewelry), one is terrible (jims coin store). Told me my 1911-D $2 1/2 was fake, when it was later graded as genuine. He did not even know where the mint mark was supposed to be on it.

7. cooper

cooper Active Member

jwitten, ever been to the coin shops in Knoxville?

8. jwitten

No, just a few around middle tn. The guy in Franklin was pretty good, but the jims coins ship guy was terrible. Of course, I only went to show/talk about gold indians, which not everyone knows. But do not act like you know about them if you don't!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  9. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

There is a coin shop in Dickson, TN. It's been awhile since I've been out that way, however it's called the coin shop trading post. I've only been in there once. It looks like he had a good selection of coins, and he showed me a nice MS 20C piece while I was there.

10. cooper

cooper Active Member

Hey, I said I'd never been. Just heard other ppl say it was a good place. Also thought you might be the jwitten that went to Knoxville. But know different now!!

11. jwitten

We are from close to the same area, but not me :)

12. cooper

cooper Active Member

Nice to meet (So to say) a fellow Tennessean:D.

icollectoldmoney likes this.
  13. jwitten

I'm not in TN now, but did spend some time there. Love it!

14. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Do all of your ex-es live in Texas??

15. cooper

cooper Active Member

It's home. Do wish there were more CS around. Like I mentioned in another thread the other day. I've got to travel a 100 miles to anywhere there's more that two shops in the same town. That Jim's Coins I mentioned, someone that had gone to school at MTSU had seen it and mentioned it to me. That was some time back. I've got a list of CS around the mid-state area that I want to stop at when I'm in the vicinity. I'll cross Jim's off....:yack:

icollectoldmoney likes this.
  16. cooper

cooper Active Member

Do all of your ex-es live in Texas??

Texas, AL, LA, FL, GA, OH.....;);););););)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  17. icollectoldmoney

Thanks everybody for the help and information.

18. Eds Coins in Lebanon, TN

19. Silverhouse

I'll have to make note of these places to go visit. My uncle lives in Dickson, and those country drives can be pretty amazing.

20. icollectoldmoney

The one in dickson is not a average coin store it is three guys who have all kinds of stuff to buy sell and trade unlike a regular coon store in my opinion

21. Silverhouse

I was only in briefly, the guy bought my 64 D/D for 40.00. Which is more than what I paid for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted