Collector of US Coins Hugh Stiel vs Heritage Auction

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Hugh Stiel, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Should I continue with law suits , it’s been 5 years now and will be starting fresh?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2019.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

From last Friday Case update .

Nature of Suit 370 Torts - Personal Property - Other Fraud
    Cause 18:1962 Racketeering (RICO) Act
    Case Filed: Aug 08, 2017
    Docket last updated: 01/28/2019 11:59 PM CST

Wednesday, January 23, 2019
    35 upload_2019-1-29_22-6-7.png 13 pgs order Order on Motion to Dismiss for Failure to State a Claim Thu 11:56 AM
    ORDER denying as moot22 Motion to Dismiss;25 Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED IN PART and Plaintiff's claims against Heritage are DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE. Plaintiff fails to sufficiently plead any claims against the Individual Defendants. Therefore, Defendants Motion to Dismiss (ECF No25 ) is also GRANTED IN PART and these claims are DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Defendants' Motion, to the extent that it seeks further relief, is DENIED. Plaintiff may file an amended complaint repleading his claims against the Individual Defendants by 2/13/2019. (Ordered by Chief Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn on 1/23/2019) (mla)

imrich likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hugh Stiel

Just this weekend I realized I was used between parties to get a 1854s coin from one dealer to the next without knowledge of the history or value coin. Coin was picked up at my home by seasoned professions. I had been buying for less than a year.storys in the Media about $2.5 and $5 in my opinion are not true.
    Good evening
    Hugh

4. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Isnt there a saying about giving out free legal advice?
    I don't know the full story so I cannot comment.

Kentucky and Hugh Stiel like this.
  5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I love the word moot.

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  6. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I am slightly confused. Case went on for two years and for those two years, nothing appeared to be shown to the court. I must be missing something. :confused:

Hugh Stiel and CoinCorgi like this.
  7. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Statute of Limitations?

8. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I don't know about THAT saying , but I have heard this one : A lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client.

9. Hugh Stiel

It seemed there needed to be an appeal for every sentence . We had several an you have to wait 6 mon for each opinion.
    I hope that answer you question

TyCobb likes this.
  10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

It sounds like certain high-dollar lawyers were very good at stretching things out, with the obvious intent of wearing someone down.....and out.

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  11. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I'm confused. What is this regarding?

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Hugh has been dealing with this since I started here.
    Thanks for the references to keep us updated.

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  13. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Not gonna register for a free trial just to read your court docs.

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  14. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Only ones benefiting is the lawyers

15. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

Can someone give us the cliff notes version? Whats going on with hugh stiel and heritage?

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I think in civil court it’s called a period of proscription. Same thing for us laypeople.

Hugh Stiel likes this.
  17. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It sounds like you already gave up. You have about two weeks to file an amended complaint. I voted NO. I didn't think you had a case from the start but your post have been tough to understand.

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This is a good example of a post that is tough to understand. I don't think anyone knows what you are trying to say. I still question why you risk posting this type of stuff on a forum such as this. Every word you post can be used against you.

green18, Hugh Stiel, Bayern and 4 others like this.
  19. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Based on what you posted on this forum in the past, this is a highly personal matter to you. I've learned over the years not to get in the middle of these situations.

Good luck with your pursuit. I'm not sure why you're asking a bunch of people you don't know for legal advice.

green18 and SilverMike like this.
  20. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Sorry to hear that it doesn't look good for you, Hugh. But honestly I don't fully understand your posts either. Good luck.

Hugh Stiel and Bayern like this.
  21. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

This thread has me highly confused.

Hugh Stiel and Bayern like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted