Collection of coins and medals, no idea what they are worth ?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Kingmarc, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Kingmarc

Kingmarc New Member

I have inherited the attached coins and medals and have no idea what they are or if they are worth anything, any help people could give me would be greatly appreciated. I have also inherited some cigarette cards and some very old postcards and letters, and also some strange brass plaques. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Attached Files:

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

The only one I recognize is the German 5 Mark coin. I bought one 4-5 years ago in the $15 ballpark. Sorry I could not be of further assistance. Some of those medals look like they have potential.

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I can see a rather shiny looking British crown, old head Queen Victoria, a Papal commemorative for Leo the thirteenth, and an 18th C British token.

The medallions should be fairly easily identifiable with a search online.

I can't see anything that looks notably valuable but they all look interesting and there does not appear to be anything very common.

5. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

The medallion in the center with ships on reverse should have some good value. Can't recall the exact attribution now, but I sold one several years back for upwards of $50 and it was in rough shape.

Edit: Looked back through my records. It is Admiral Edward Vernon / commemoration of the Battle of Portobello 1739. There are several types with design variations, not sure exactly which one yours is, but it's likely the most valuable among this group.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. Kingmarc

Kingmarc New Member

Would anyone be interested in buying this lot ? please feel free to make me an offer.

7. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Can't discuss offers to buy/sell/trade outside of the buy/sell/trade area. Maybe post them there and see if anyone is interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted