Cointalk History

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by snaz, May 14, 2010.

1. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Without a question you should be in that list, I believe I should be in that list too, remember, I too was a controversial, little, destructive individual. Remember I have tons of posts too, which is a part of being controversial. Even though I've changed, it should be mentioned.
    Elaine should be mentioned.
    Bobbeth87 and the 2009 dimes should be mentioned!
    Once again, the clinker award should be better explained, in other words, CLINKER ACTUALLY BEING MENTIONED!
    Mr. Coin Lover should be mentioned
    What about rzage, and the fundraisers?
    AND SPOCK!

The list leaves out those things and probably tons more.
    But I agree Mike, no point in pouting, if the mods want to change it, upon Snaz's request it is up to them, best thing to do is sit back and see how much else we can get in the history thread.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I didn't mean to taste of sour grapes, snaz. This has been a great thread and an interesting train of thought

4. mikenoodle

actually besides bob, noone has mentioned manny (rodzm) and his 2009-P nickels in Puerto Rico

5. tmoneyeagles

Forgot about him, he should be mentioned as well in the thread.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sour grapes as to why you guys were never mentioned?

I'm quite amazed that I was even mentioned.......

An author has his reasons......

7. tmoneyeagles

Surprised you say that, I feel that you should be mentioned for sure. You are one of the key members of this forum in my opinion.

8. snaz

snaz Registry fever

If you guys think that an event should be included in the list, PM me a link and I will throw it in there if I feel it should be.
    There is an ongoing list on my computer of things I'd like to add, I have no more comments on join dates though.

Send me PM's with links to some of these events and I'll see if they should be in the OP

9. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

interesting, not sure how I missed this before!

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Neat post. Didn't expect to see my name in the history books....

Are you sure? ;)

11. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Looks like I got the year wrong. The thing is, I threw in some names to fill it in a bit. I didn't really have tons of cool events that happened so I threw in join dates. I now see that that was a mistake. When I edit the list I will be sure to remove most of the join dates. Too much controversy.

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

No worries, brother. Just giving you a hard time, not trying to stir the pot. :)

Thanks for putting it together.

13. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I remember Leadfoot giving me a schooling regarding luster, or the lack thereof, regarding my Seated Dollar! Ah, we all must have instructors! :rolleyes:

14. mikenoodle

snaz, whether or not people like your history, it is your history and is complete when you say it is.

I think that in retrospect what got to me (as I am sure it did others) was the seemingly random mention of certain members joining. I am proud of the fact that I have been here almost as long as anyone else and save for Peter and Doug, I think I have been here the longest. I admit, that I felt a bit slighted, and I apologize as I should have kept it to myself.

I have seen twice now you defending yourself when it isn't necessary. You mentioned who you mentioned because you felt they were noteworthy. If anyone has a problem with that then they should check their ego and the door and walk back in again.

15. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Snaz
    I will be the first to say this.
    I don't want to be part of the timeline!
    There enjoy one less worry!
    Great list

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

snaz

The list is yours, do with it as you see fit.

nice job.

17. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Sorry Mike, I've got you beat by ten months. I even pre-date GDJMSP. According to my profile I've been a member here since Sept 22, 2002 just three weeks after the forum was formed. I didn't realize it but I must be one of the "oldest" members here. (And I am non-admin)

18. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Absolutely!! :D Gotta agree with you on that one!!

19. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Pretty sure that Mike Marotta pre-dates me as well. He still posts here from time to time.

Conder, you Mike, and Reid Goldsborough are some of the original members.

20. mikenoodle

You're right and I am a bit embarrassed that I let my ego get the better of me. You, Mike and Ed are still around, there's Doug and probably a few more (non-admins) before you get to me that are still around here.

Although I consider myself a long-timer here, I shouldn't confuse that with being one of the originals.

21. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

Thanks Snaz for the heads uo on this thread !!

I started here a few years ago after a bad Ebay deal....The seller had this link on his homepage, if I remember correctly, the thread was closed by GDJMSP, I was so angry at the time because I felt I was in the right and was shystered ( IMO)

It then grew into a family and I was accepted, many folks pm'd me with kudos for the expose

The shyster I busted was Chris Schuck, who still to this day is shystering folks on the bay. He buys problems coins, cracks them and sells them raw, too many ebay ID's to count, but KingO Coins, SeatedKeyDates and all are worn out. I was instrumental in getting about 8K in refunds tho after a dedicated drive to purge the crook. Ebay then went to the blind bidder thing and I lost track of him......sorta, Im, still onto him

I have made deals with too many to many to name here, had dinner with GDJMSP, JD White, play poker with Charmy and Rick Snow...I in fact ( sorry for the self promotion ) brought Charmy and Rick to the site )

Been at the top of my game and the bottom, met members in several states, had a blast every time.

I no longer get " buddy passes" so the days of free airfare are over, but yes, Cointalk has made me many friends and many coin collectors happy.

There is alot of comradie here , it is so welcome.

My dearest and best friend I have ever made tho is Charmy, I cannot say how many times we have played poker into the night, had a tad few too many, wabbled back to our rooms, woke up and did biz. I love her like a sister, and always strongly " have her back " on these threads......Charmy if you read this, I love ya doll, you are a princess is the biz.........and SOOOOO freakin good at it.........

Clembo and RLM always have a kind spot in my heart, as does Spock1K...The King of Heart"

Too many to list, Cointalk is freakin excelllent

Draft saved Draft deleted