Cointalk History

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by snaz, May 14, 2010.

1. snaz

snaz Registry fever

You guys, 2 points to make here:
    My inbox has been FLOODED with people upset they didn't get onto the list. Let's face facts here...
    How much fun is a list that consists of
    this guys joins (date here)
    This other guy joins (date here)
    Another guy joins (date here)

I tried to make the list consist of interesting events that happened. And if an event happened to someone, then I included their join date.
    That simple.
    And the other point is that I can't even edit it anymore, it's been past 24 hours. I will be PMing a list to mods, but I will not include in there requests to be added to the list UNLESS you remember a cool even that happened.
    Example is, I am trying to hunt down that thread a while back where I think it was Richie and everyone ganged up on him for "taking advantage on a lil ole lady"
    That was a thread for the history list.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

In November 2009 I found and posted a 1955 Doubled Die in an Ebay lot of all places. Confirmed by Bill Fivaz and certified AU details by ANACS. That should make history just because someone actually found something in an Ebay lot! ;)

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

http://www.cointalk.com/t39524/

Just in case the inbox is "full" old fellow......:smile

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Heck, I didn't know you had been here longer than I had! It seems like a lot of the guys that I remember when I first joined have moved on...

Speedy

6. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

01-02-2010
    Jesse P joins (controversial)

I think he will follow in BNB coins footsteps!

7. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I ain't moving on soon thats for sure. This is one of the only forum sites I can get to from a deployed location and that was because I put in a special request for "educational purposes" and waited three weeks.

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Amazing time line snaz! :D

9. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Great job, Shawn! I commend you for the idea, time and effort for putting this thread together. It was fun to read the history of this site and even though I haven't been here that long, seeing the names of some past members made me remember some enjoyable posts.

Kudos to you, kid!:thumb:

10. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I"m thinking you might be right...
    Lots of likeness there.

11. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

What is so kool about this whole thread is how "history" is determined by whoever writes it.

I've heard it said a hundred times and just kind of shrug my shoulders. For instance, how would Thanksgiving be understood today if Chief Massasoit (the leader of the Indians) had written the account?

So when Snaz does the history, you'll get x, y and z. If some guy who hangs out exclusively on the Currency formum does it, you get a whole new alphabet soup.

We all have different rose-colored glasses.

It does make me laugh to hear that you are getting PM'ed by people who are mad they're not on the list.

ROTFLMAO!

12. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Cold! Funny, but Cold.........:D

13. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Should of been in the top 10...:confused:

14. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yeah, not everyone has been mad, just some disappointed that they didn't make the list. I just feel like if we write in too many dates of people joining, then there will be no drive to read to the end of the list.

15. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

You're doing great Snaz, great piece of work.

16. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Now that is some serious work to put that history list together. Well done. :hail:

17. Breakdown

Breakdown Member

This was a lot of fun to read. Didn't realize Bonedigger was here- I'm pretty sure I saw him on another forum somewhere a few years ago.

18. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

Great timeline, very informative and helpful - thanks for taking the time to put this together! I already nominated it for the new Clinker Award!!!!

19. snaz

snaz Registry fever

No problem, and thanks, perhaps first thread to win the new award? I actually hadn't even thought of that award.

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

like a bad penny, Doug. You can't get rid of me!

21. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

and snaz, for the record, I thought that it was noteworthy that I was still here. I joined around the same time as Doug, and I am still here. I don't think that there's an active member (non-admin) on the board who has been here longer than me. That IS noteworthy!

Sorry I didn't fit into your qualifications, but you're right. People shouldn't pout because they didn't make your history. It is yours and as with all history books is purely the work of the author.

Draft saved Draft deleted