CoinTalk gift exchange (aka Secret Santa or Kris Kringle)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by CoinKeeper, Nov 17, 2010.

1. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

Christmas is coming up and I think it would be great if we could spread the love of coins around. I'm proposing that we do a sort of secret Santa gift exchange. It is going to be a challenging undertaking since we're located all over the place, but I believe it would be worthwhile. But, I think we should modify the rules, so that two individuals pair up and exchange gifts knowing who they're giving to, and getting from. It's more personal that way, and easier to organize.

For anyone that's interested, include a post down below. After that, I will randomly pair two people that posted a message together (by picking names from a hat) and will contact each person to let them know who their exchange partner is. It is then up to them to exchange addresses and send a coin related gift. Please post a message down below no later than Saturday, November 20th at 11:59pm, to be included.

I'm sure this will be very successful if enough people are interested!

All the best, CoinKeeper

P.S. And to those concerned about shipping internationally, dont be :) Shipping to Canada or certain countries internationally is no different then sending things within the US. You put something in an envelope, place a stamp (only 75 cents to Canada for example) and away it goes! I'm located in Canada and have sent/received hundreds of items over the years without a problem.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

4. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

5. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Beat me to the punch!:D

I was going to suggest the same thing but I'm happy to leave it in your capable hands.

Is there a dollar limit?

Count me in!

(I'll also mention I'm in Canada. Contrary to popular belief, shipping to Canada is no different than shipping to another state. It might cost a few cents more but there's no special procedures to follow.)

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Money providing, I'd be in.

7. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

+1. Thats always important.

8. CoinKeeper

And I'm not setting a specific dollar limit, but use your good judgement to determine a fair value for the coin, coins, or coin related gifts being sent. I wouldn't recommend (nor would I forsee) someone sending gold coins or expensive key dates, and on the other hand, I don't believe it would be proper to send an average circulated cent, or a coin one would encounter everyday. But, if your partner is located internationally, I believe it would be neat to send some circulation coinage. Again, it's up to you. Just use your better judgement, and I'm sure everyone will be happy.

9. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in

10. camlov2

camlov2 Member

I'm interested.

11. stealer

stealer Roller of Coins

Possibly in here. Sounds like the CU coin tags.

12. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

I'll totally make someone have a happy Festivus. Count me in-

13. cman

cman Junior Member

14. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

ok the king will make a rare appearance here. count me in. Thanks

16. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Sounds fun! I'm in.

17. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

Great idea CoinKeeper! Put me on the list.

18. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Great idea. I'm in, Happy Holidays!

19. goossen

goossen Senior Member

If being in South America is not an issue count me in!
    I have no problem shipping anywhere. :)

20. CoinKeeper

Not an issue at all! Welcome aboard :)

21. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Draft saved Draft deleted