Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Ragu, Nov 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Live and learn. We all start in Pre K

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I don't understand ? What's up with it ?

4. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

Yes, They are real.

5. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

This was in my return change for the corner store today. Screenshot_20211205-045944_Flashlight & Magnifying Glass.jpg Screenshot_20211205-050001_Flashlight & Magnifying Glass.jpg

6. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

As much as I, and probably most others, love to see peoples posts of their coins, when they are incorrectly oriented, poorly lit and badly focused it takes some of the pleasure away. Also it negates any opportunity for a meaningful opinion, which I assume you are looking for.
    A bit of experimenting with your lighting and your camera/phone would be a big advantage. Hopefully this is seen as a positive, constructive comment for your benefit

Mountain Man and masterswimmer like this.
  7. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

You are right as , it was like Christmas Morning to me and I just couldn't believe I got this from my pocket. I was full of excitement as old as I am. I will reframe from the excitement next time. I apologize for the not so nice picture as I was told another time about the quality of my pictures. To me it was a really cool find that's all and I just wanted to share the excitement. I will post a better picture. Ragu

John Burgess and expat like this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I can't agree with @expat more.
    And please learn to post your photos within this forum, instead of the way you are currently. And post Full Image.
    In case you missed this, I'll post again.
    For the best results, you should post "in focus," FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and are easily enlarged by clicking on it). Photograph coins on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows (you can use https://www.remove.bg for free), and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

9. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I believe I had apologized already.

10. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

This is what I wanted to post with the coin from today. Screenshot_20211205-073943_Flashlight & Magnifying Glass.jpg

11. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

And yet you did it once again. :banghead:

12. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I thought that was a very clear picture. Close up , full view . I guess I will go get a phone with a better camera. Ragu.

13. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I got this one cent out of my pocket yesterday also. I this is clear Screenshot_20211205-175004_Flashlight & Magnifying Glass.jpg Screenshot_20211205-175017_Flashlight & Magnifying Glass.jpg

14. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

You bet...keep them all!

15. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Ragu
    Any results yet from PCGS? o_O

16. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

No the maker when I look it up moved to the next step grading it's been like that for about a week now. I am unsure how long its going to be at that stage. If anyone knows in that area before it moves on please let me no. This process has been about 8 weeks now . Thanks Ragu. I hope I don't let everyone down.

l.cutler likes this.
  17. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

I called PCGS yesterday, they had said by the 21st. I believe someone had said if I did have the 1982 small date, they would put it out in the flyer, so if I get them back without any kind of notice I would say I missed. What a great Christmas gift that would be to hit that 1982D. Ragu

18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Best of luck!

19. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

Can someone tell me what they see with the Mint Mark ..I found this two days ago..

20. Ragu

Ragu Active Member

21. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

It's taken a hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted