Coins that my JEWELERS WAS GOING TO MELT!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by WpnsExpert78, Aug 23, 2012.

1. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

4. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

5. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Egad !~~!!! I wonder what he melted down in the past. :eek:

7. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

8. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

I don't know but right now I'M SHOCKED. This lady has been making my wives jewelry for awhile now over the last two days she has opened her vault to me as I told her that I would buy her coins from her if they are worth anything. WELL GUYS IM STUNDED, SHE WAS GOING TO START MELTING THESE GOLD COINS TOMORROW!

9. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Maybe it's the photos, but those coins look suspect to me.

10. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

It is the CAMERA ON MY PHONE, Tomorrow I will have better photos when I am able to get to my set up but thats the best, I believe the coins are 100% real and have all these coins are going to be graded as well as tomorrow I have a dealer set up to come out. And if anyone lives in the KATY, TX area I welcome them to come look.

11. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

2 coins do looked polished and do appear to have been in a bezel at one time.

12. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Most likely all have been in some sort of jewelry holders in the past. Value them like she did, melt or a small premium more, unless you can tell if they have been in a bezel, prong holder or even gold sodered. Common for the jewelry business of day long gone.

Jim

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

She's gonna be disappointed when she gets the refinery's check for those Liberty nickels...

15. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

Only two coins were in bezels the 1908 and 1926 in the first photos. All the other coins show no marks on the edge or anywhere else. All the coins were brought in to her here and there over the years as singles that she purchased at melt.

16. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

17. TexasTwister

TexasTwister Member

Geez! We need a "coin rescue" service like we have for dogs and cats! I certainly don't have the bucks to purchase these, but it would be a total shame to see them go to melt.

WpnsExpert78: I can rescue one of these if she's willing to sell at melt. I live right down Grand Parkway from you. Send me a note if she is willing to deal...

18. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

You are more than welcome to come see and make an offer on the coins before we send them to be graded. I have PM'ed you.

19. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I wouldn't send them off to be graded, most of them from what I can see have problems and will get bodybagged. Well, detail grades. Unfortunately, the supply of most of those coins is very high in circulated condition. For the most part, they would have to be MS to command any premium over melt. Getting them graded serves no real purpose. If you like them, just put them in a nice air-tite and hold on to them.

20. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

2.5 gold dollar1.jpg 2.5 gold dollar0.jpg new pics coming guys. Bare with me.

21. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack New Member

Huh, I was thinking polished to crap, but that 1856 QE looks nice to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted