Coins that ignite your passions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mrbrklyn, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Since there are some awesome coins posted today, I figured I'd display the one coin which really ignited my passion of Coin collecting again after several decades.

Thank the US mint for this...its just a beautiful piece of artwork.

In fact, I think this coin has a deeper caeo than a graded PL 69 I brought this week.

large tiffs here http://www/mrbrklyn.com/coins/
    Ruben

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Boy Howdy Ruben - it's a good thing you started this in the US Forum. Otherwise I'd be sorely tempted :rolleyes:

But you are 100% correct - that is a beautiful coin !! Great pics too :high5:

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

i just love to hold this coin in my hand. I take it you have some foriegn coins of special personal value to you. That scanning xsane software is being constantly improved by the guys working on it and its now so easy to pluck these great scans off the HP flatbed. Now with the Camera's this technology is not used much any more. But for control and detail, nothing beats a flatbed scanner. I'm suprised to see these images popping out of the GIMP imaging software from my coins.

Ruben

5. rambozo

rambozo New Member

i am in love with all the teens-40s silver coins.

an ive been bitten by the silver eagle bug too.

6. GDJMSP

I'll readily agree with you about the scanners being great for picking up the fine details. But it's quite tricky to get them to illustrate the luster and color on coins - that takes a bit of playing around with angles. But you're certainly right - you're getting some mighty fine pics :bow:

And yeah - I have one or two that I'm right fond of ;)

obverse

reverse

You were twisting my arm weren't ya ?? :D

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

WOW

Those are really bold coins. What are those?

8. GDJMSP

That coin is known as a Rose Noble, struck in the Netherlands 1583.

Draft saved Draft deleted