Coins of Jordan

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by yiorgos131313, Jul 3, 2015.

1. yiorgos131313

yiorgos131313 New Member

Good moening every one ,
    I will be visiting Jordan in a few weeks and i would like to know if there are any Jordanian collectors among us o rany one with any ifo as to whear to look and buy coins in Jordan. any lead is a plys

thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Hallo Sir.
    I am a collector of Jordanian coins too:)

Attached Files:

• 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      156.3 KB
      Views:
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
  4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

When you find out where all the good coin shops are, give an update here at CT, please! I made an informational webpage on coin shops in Seoul, and it seems that many people were interested in it. I probably got more positive feedback on that particular piece than pretty much anything else that I've put on online. I think other collectors would be very grateful for information on where (neighborhoods) the coin shops are located in Amman and other cities there.

I'm guessing that you'll be visiting some "souks", as they call them...

5. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Hi. I found these two coins in my box. They represent late king Hussein, father of current Royal Majesty Abdallah. Denominations are One Dirham( 1981 ) and Half Dirham ( 1991 ). When you visit Jordan and buy coins in the capital Amman, don't miss the opportunity of visiting Petra, the famous ancient city which was built in the rocks. It was conquered by Roman Emperor Trajan in the early second century AD. Maybe you could buy Nabataean coins there, since Petra was the capital of the Nabataean Empire. Jordan Hussein.jpg JordHuss R.jpg

6. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Well, I know of no particular shops. ( I have heard that in some mid-eastern towns that there are coins shops everywhere! 3 or 4 on the same block!!) But I am sure you will find plenty of coin dealers in all cities. Shop around, buy what you like. I would advise you FIRST purchase or borrow a coin catalogue/price book showing the values of coins in that area. The NGC website can assist if you use a computer and have the time. I see it as an opportunity as a coin collector visiting these interesting places. I would appreciate it if you picked some extra LOW cost items (bronze, copper, nickel, NO gold or silver). When you return post pictures!! Post pictures of coin shops there, showing their coin counters or tables, shops. I would love to see such pictures. Again I hope you pick up some extra stuff, low mintage stuff, not the popular common stuff, (from Jordan, Syria, Turkey) shop around. Again I look forward to your return!! Keep extra batteries for your camera.

7Calbrey likes this.
  7. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

Okay twice posted......
    Well, I know of no particular shops. But I am sure you will find plenty of coin dealers in all cities. Shop around, buy what you like. I would advise you FIRST purchase or borrow a coin catalogue/price book showing the values of coins in that area. The NGC website can assist if you use a computer and have the time. I see it as an opportunity as a coin collector visiting these interesting places. I would appreciate it if you picked some extra LOW cost items (bronze, copper, nickel, NO gold or silver). When you return post pictures!! Post pictures of coin shops there, showing their coin counters or tables, shops. I would love to see such pictures. Again I hope you pick up some extra stuff, low mintage stuff, not the popular common stuff, (from Jordan, Syria, Turkey) shop around. Again I look forward to your return!! Keep extra batteries for your camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted