Coins of Crispus

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by gregarious, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

I create a two-image slide in powerpoint and then store it as a jpg file and then crop away the excess.

ominus1 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Makanudo

Makanudo Well-Known Member

I believe this type has already been shown on this thread, but here is an example with finders patina.

SAM_4484-horz.jpg

Alegandron and Jwt708 like this.
  4. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Victor, that is a really nice Crispus page with many good examples. If someone wants to see what is possible when collecting Crispus AE3s, that would be a great page to visit.

5. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Here is one way. Three images are in play, the obverse, the reverse, and a blank image.

Create a large blank image (maybe just white) to duplicate and use again and again. With the obverse picture, draw a box around the coin outlining the region you want to show (I use a square a bit bigger than the diameter of the coin) and "copy" it. Open the blank image and "paste" the obverse onto the blank. Drag that obverse square to the side a bit if necessary. Go to the reverse image and do the same, that is, copy the region and paste it onto the formerly blank image and move it alongside the obverse. Now you have obverse and reverse side-by-side with extra blank image all around. Crop the resulting side-by-side image on the formerly blank page to the right size and name it descriptively.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Dafydd likes this.
  6. Dafydd

Dafydd Well-Known Member

Many thanks Valentinian I could understand that perfectly :)

7. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Draft saved Draft deleted