Coins Not Suitable for Certification by NGC

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyricfive, May 27, 2022.

1. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Hey folks I have a few coins that were sent back from NGC that are specified as not suitable for certification. When I got them back I put them up to auction just to see what would happen and people started fighting for them. Then I realized maybe I was a little impulsive as they may not be certified because perhaps they aren't authentic??? Upon calling NGC they did state that could be the reason but they were unable to tell me if my coins sent back we're not authentic. That being said does anybody have any insight into these? Even with an altered surface are they still worth something? If I specify the details on eBay could I get away with selling them? Or is there another auction site that I could sell these on? Any information is helpful

IMG_20220527_125509691.jpg IMG_20220527_125529165_HDR.jpg IMG_20220527_125548218.jpg IMG_20220527_125609117.jpg

MIGuy and Matthew Kruse like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

It says on the back:
    "Altered Surface"

What ever that means

If it was fake, it would say so, I think

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If the coin(s) were fake they would have told you do. Just altered surfaces.

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

https://www.ngccoin.uk/about/faq/

This appears similar to Authenticity Unverifiable ("we can't tell one way or the other"), which is better than Questionable Authenticity ("we think it's fake but aren't positive"), which is better than Not Genuine ("you should be ashamed of yourself, and we're keeping your fees").

MIGuy, fretboard and Lyricfive like this.
  7. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Yep... sounds about right I suppose I am wondering why when I listed these at a few hundred each... people were fighting for them?

Draft saved Draft deleted