Coins for Tots

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lonegunlawyer, Dec 18, 2012.

?

Would You Give Coins for Tots?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2012.
  1. YES

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Would you be willing to sacrifice a valuable coin or coins from your collection to make sure a child had gifts for Christmas?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

4. John14

John14 Active Member

Sorry LGL, but that was hillarious!

5. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no. I'd go out and buy them something else, or a less expensive and meaningful coin.

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Only if they were my kids, and I had no other option.

7. lonegunlawyer

No substitutions. The question is a yes or no question.

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

OK, then. See post #2.

9. lonegunlawyer

I love the honesty.

10. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

11. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

On the same token, I always make a point of donating a few toys to tft and also the local food pantry which has it's own similar local program. In the end if it came down to it yes, I would sell a coin to make sure a child got a present for x-mas fortunately I have never had to do so :D

12. lonegunlawyer

Yes, I must admit it is one of those responses that make you laugh out loud. :D

13. John14

John14 Active Member

I voted yes btw, because I am a giving person; but the whole donate coin thing is off a little. Why not donate cash?

14. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nope, cause kids get bored with toys quick.

15. lonegunlawyer

It is a hypothetical. Perhaps, would you go the extra mile? After donating all your spare cash or whatever and one more child needed presents, would you part with the coin or coins to make sure that child had presents for Christmas?

16. lonegunlawyer

Presents do not necessarily equate into toys.

17. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Exactly!!! One of my favorite x-mas give away was a "giving tree" one of the 1st years they did this, you got a "star" from the tree with the childs desired present on it. The one we got that year was special. We got a 13 boy who only listed 1 thing on the 3 lines he was given. He wanted only a good pair of hiking boots. We went out and bought the boy a nice pair of herman survivors and made sure he could exchange them if the size he provided proved to be off. Because of the fact that he only asked for boots when all the other stars had nintendo's and other flashy "toys" we felt that he should get a bit more so we included a nice walmart gift card in one of the boots as a surprise. While we never heard from the child (the program prevents such) I like to think we gave the boy a good christmas. That and that alone is the reason I give, not thanks, not attention, not a darn tax rightoff. We do it to make a child happy. There is no greater thing on this earth then a smiling child. Just my opinion, if yours differs... I don't care :D (gotta be a nice weasel on CT :D)

18. lonegunlawyer

weaseluv, I wish I could give you more than one "like" for that story and statement.

19. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I gave him one too.

20. lonegunlawyer

It is a close poll. Come on everybody. Would you or wouldn't you? I'm not talking your most valuable or most liked coin, but just enough of your collection, whether 1 coin or 100 coins, so that a child would have at least one quality present for Christmas.

21. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

I would give face-valued coins/money, but I wouldn't want to give anything out of my collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted