coins books errors

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

Hey guys sorry it's late sorry sorry thank you for all your help always . So I just bought this whole collection for $110. the girls shipping it in the morning. but these coin books are filled but I can't tell if they're 1909 or what year they are ? on the front of the book it says something and it says I think the mintage is underneath . is anybody familiar with these books? so I can kind of get an idea on what they're going to be. I mean I really don't care I'm just very excited right now. But if you can help me with that I'd appreciate it. Thank you guys

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

They are called Coin Folders or Coin Albums. Most of us are familiar with them. I have plenty of those you are getting.

Do you know that it is actually possible to look at 1000 coins.. and not find a single mint error o_O

Just because you purchased such a collection doesn't guarantee an error. Unless the seller stated that there are actual mint errors included.

dwhiz likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I’ve been taught that you have a coin folder if you can only see one side of the coin. It’s a coin album if you can see both sides of the coin. What you showed are folders. You can look at thousands of any denomination and never find a mint error. The mint produces billions of cents every year. Only a few will be errors and some errors, like a die crack, are considered common. They have a low value.

dwhiz and paddyman98 like this.
  5. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

You can zoom in on the covers of the folders. The cents are from 1941 to 1974 and from 1959 on. The nickels are 1938 to 1961 and 1962 on. It’s the folder for the entire state quarter and territorial quarter sets. Lots and lots of holes to be filled in those albums. Now that you know what years they cover sit down with a red book and you can tell what’s there and what’s missing.

as for the Indian cents…. The pic shows all badly worn coins minted after 1900. The stacks of nickels also look badly worn as well.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted