"COINS - AS SEEN ON TV" SPECIAL ALERT! AAN-TV OUT OF BUSINESS!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Norsk64, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

Okey dokey, smokey. Thanks! :happy:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I am Groot.

It's from Guardians of the Galaxy. Not sure what it has to do with anything though...

Lemme Caution likes this.
  5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Every time one of these coin shows goes off air Littleton gains another customer.

Norsk64 likes this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Will never understand why some people ride the shows so hard when they actually have increased costs and give free passes to shops selling for similar prices without TV costs.

Norsk64 and gronnh20 like this.
  7. Norsk64

Norsk64 The Coin TV Critic

Excellent point! I don't begrudge any of Coin TV providers of making a profit off of what they sell. It's when they go overboard on the mark-up and/or overselling with false and misleading information, that really ticks me off.

8. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

You realize that Silvertowne is the owner of “The Coin Vault”, don’t you?

9. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

What is everybody opinion on the “coin vault” the grandfather of Tyler and Andy was the owner of Silvertowne but he recently deceased.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

10. Lemme Caution

...in a [very different] galaxy far, far away....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  11. Lemme Caution

?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

My TV only gets HSN and Rick Tomaska. I haven't seen Coin Vault. My only point was Littleton has the same pricing and easy payments. Buy one coin from Littleton and you are bombarded by mail offers. Some even come with a free cent. They are doing just as much hyping as the folks on TV. Littleton is no slouch in the take the gullible's money department. Embellishment is a kind word.

I have bought coins from HSN and Littleton and did not overpay for the coins. I may have bought a coin or two from SilverTowne, but, I don't recall what. I think they also run a minting service.

13. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Spot on! (No pun intended) Silvertowne sells lots of bullion rounds ingots and other sundried items with their name on them.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yeah. I take this guy with a grain of thought.........

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I thought it was Jerry Orbach from from the Disney production of 'Beauty and The Beast'......

16. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

SilverTowne does do a minting service for rounds and bars and you can contract them to make you stuff if you wanted.

You're spot on though that the TV shows are singled out for whatever reason while others do the same thing, and really worse stories and things are said in the privacy of shops and coin shows especially smaller shows with slow foot traffic. I've heard far worse from sellers in both than anything I've ever heard on TV

17. icollectoldmoney

Yeah I do not have a probably with coin talk but i did get ripped off about 4 years ago by them with some wheat cents I had bought.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

18. Norsk64

The Coin Vault has always been fair to me over the years, with excellent Customer Service. Good Indiana boys! Although Tyler gets on my nerves of repeating himself and getting all "excited" about it as if life itself depended on you buying this coin! Silvertowne is the anchor to the business, supplemented by TCV. They are in my opinion, doing a lot of things right.

19. icollectoldmoney

They are a really good company just sold me some horrible Lincoln wheat cents.
    Thanks,
    icollectoldmoney

20. Norsk64

Absolutely. A family run business that goes back many years.

21. Norsk64

Did you contact them about it? Knowing their customer service, they likely would have made it right by you.

Draft saved Draft deleted